Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my G2 ls coupe legend and I am still trying to get used to the car,(handles, braking, accerlation etc.) but I am concerned because every once in a while I smell antifreeze in the car. I have checked the fluid in the car and have not yet notice a drop, was just wondering if anyone else gets that smell also and if that is normal. Also, I lowered the passanger sun visor and now it won't stay up, I like showing off the new car to all my friends but its a little embrassing when the sun visor keeps falling down on them. Any ideas on how to fix it. And finally does anyone know of a place in the chicago area that does a good job putting on alarms that don't interfer with factory alarms. I keep on hearing horror stories about after market alarms interfer with the factory alarms. Thanks for any replies!:)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
You may have or had a heater core leak. (Located behind the dash) This is what makes the heat work. A symptom usually is a Antifreeze odor and damp carpet (usually under the beginning portion - pull it back and test for dampness) Sometimes Radiator Stop-Leap from Autozone would stop this if its not a bad leak (looks like silver powder in a test tube - Use 2 of them) As for the damp carpet ( if you have this problem) sprinkle a substantial amount of table salt (your mom will kill you:p ) on the carpet. The salt will soak up the Antifreeze. The next day vacuum the salt out of your carpet and FreeBreeze it. -Good luck

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for info, I check the rug this weekend but didn't notice any type of dampness but I didn't drive the car much this weekend either, Ill check again this week. I am also gonna gp to the acura dealer to see whether or not they had the heater core replaced on this car, the previous owner took the car to the dealer for maintence. thanks again for the info, really appreciated!!!

Does anyone know of a good installer in the chicago area in regards to aftermarket alarms?! Thanks

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I don't belive the sun visors can be fixed:( New ones from Acura cost $270:mad: Salvage yards are the best bet $40-60, passenger side is easier to find than drivers. The yard near me has several tan passenger side visors that stay up but none for the drivers side. I have an extra drivers side that hangs down less than a inch if anyone want's to buy it cheap send me a PM.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I don't have the sunvisor problem but here a simple fix that may be effective. Use Velcro. Very neatly (the round disc type) on the edges of your visors. Devise a way to may it stick better (fabric glue of heat gun) or pay a little most for the good kind. It might be a cheesy idea but at least your visors won't be hanging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts