Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time there is a large amount of rain, my sunroof leaks, and a crap load of water gets stuck between the roof (where the sunroof slides back), and when I come to a stop, I'm drenched by a couple of gallons of water. Someone told me something about a drain of some sort. How would I go about fixing this? This is very annoying!

Any help is greatly appreciated - Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the same problem with my 90LS Sedan and took a few showers before someone told me the solution. You have 4 drain holes, 1 in each corner. You should be able to see the 2 in the front with the roof open. I could not see the rear drain holes. You can try using an air compressor to blow them out which worked for me on the front 2 drains. I couldn't get the air hose to the rear drains.

Long story short... the front 2 drain through a tube down behind each front wheel and the back drain behind the rear wheels. I removed the insides of the wheel wells in front, found the tube, pulled the rubber nozzle off and cleaned it out. I removed the panels inside the trunk on each side, found the tube and did the same with these.

Now... not a drip! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What he said!!

I just did the same to mine on the weekend...
Only prob' is that the front ones are kinda hard to reach from the wheel well to drain, I didn't blow air into mine tho' didn't wanna blow dirt back up into the system.
But no leaks!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.