Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
mrlegend said:
My sunroof only slides open & close by design. I think all G2's are like this. But, I read that somebody on the forum has one that tilts. How can I do this mod?
All german Legends have this nice option about "Tilt Sunroof" too, except the G1 Legends (too bad!!!)
The complete reconstruction is possible, but expensive. ;)

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Mine tilts too!! Up instead of back....mine has three buttons, open- close- and up. So I dont think it's a mod as such but a stock feature for those of us lucky enough to have it. I don't think yours is capable of doing this without changing the movement system.

G

·
Yeah, I always wished that my Legend could do this, but just figured that it was something that Honda forgot about, but apparently they just think that us Americans are poor or something.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
For some reason honda decided to stop making tilt between 1988 and 1996. All their vehicles in between these year did not come with tilt roof.
Only the 86-87 G1 Legend had tilt roof. Then all Honda cars after 96 had it too.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Hey MikeD, need a set of USDM corners? I sent you a private message about it, check your inbox :)

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Sunroof Tilt/Vent???

LeGenDz said:
What if we can just get a hold of a European Legend and just swap them? :D
As example: Y E S !!!
A complete recontruction is too expensive and also extremly hard as a "yourself working". Forget it, if you planning this. Or, if you have enough money, then you need...

MATERIALS:
- an complete new inner frame and slidings
- new motor (3-way)
- new glass sunroof (3-way)
- another 3way switch (like JRock tells !!!)
- a spec. sensor of the inner sun visor cover (Important!!!)

plus hourly wage of the Acura mechanic man: (I don´t know, how much it coasts in USA), but here in Germany it coasts per hour: 170 DM = 86,92€ = 74,38 $ !!!

Complete amount af all: TOO EXPENSIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It´s better to take out, what you need from an wreck car!!! That´s better and much cheaper, really.

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunroof Tilt/Vent???

If I´m on the right way, I remember, that US Legends have their cruise control master switch... where Our Legend models (Japanese & European models) have the tilt-up button instaed. And thus, our cruise master switch is located, where you guys have your courtesy switch,(I have no clue about this function).

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I doubt it. I think each sun/moon roof is designed car specific. Also if you notice the Integs and preludes have the glass open outside not inlike ours because the roof isn't long enough. --=Keith

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.