Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one today at a Junk Yard in Austin...I originally drove up there to buy a fender for my car...but, once I got there it was misteriously on hold!! So I bought the visor instead!! Couldn't come home empty handed!! And I swiped some gold badges from the trunk. Only misfortune is that the Legend badge snapped in half!! So, I left it there!!

I installed the visor already but I didn't take any pics...will take some tomorrow...by the way there were two coupes...a white LS and navy blue L...the white was a 5 speed!! They're still both pretty much intact but, it's quite a drive!! The wood trim again was all cracked!! I never knew but the 92's only had one airbag!! If anyone needs these emblems let me know...I have no use for them!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sunroof visor will eventuall mess up your roof... I removed mine after 8 years left on by the previous owner and it was a sad sight...:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd assume that it messes it up because the one part will be a different color than the other parts. Plus I think they look kinda goofy. Just MHO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it will mess up the paint...from rubbing. The previous owner of my car had one and it was ripped off!! After that it left a gap between the glass and the roof which caused it to let wind in at high speeds!! It also left the print on the roof so I replaced it and it solved all of my problems!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the damage is caused by entrapped water and moisture, not rubbing...water is a solvent (most modern car finishes are water-based to lower the VOC's) and if left in constant contact with paint will cause the paint to absorb, discolor and soften. You can minimize by periodically removing the visor and let it bake out in the sun for a day and rewax to reseal the finish. Same thing will happen if you leave on a bra....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.