Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
I decided to take mine off and I like the look better. I will say this though - I was not pleased with the marks left on my roof top!

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
133 Posts
The visors do seem to serve a purpose. With the roof open with a visor they wind noise is much quieter. I just installed one on mine becasue I had one in the garage so it was free for me. Don't know if I would spend the money though to buy a new one. I bought an aftermarket one for my Accord and it did not fit very well. It was held on by double sided adhesive. They do add looks to the car though, in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Yes, with my visor I can open my sunroof on the highway and have minimal wind noise. Especially our Sunroof can't tilt. I had a maxima that didn't have the visor and it would be really loud on the highway with the roof wide open. But that car had tilt :D

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Roger said:
what about how they look with or without??? oh and how much are visors?
I think they look good, give a sporty look, goes well with a spoiler. An Acura one is about $50 to $60. An Aftermarket universal one is about $20-$30.

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
WhiteLegend said:

I think they look good, give a sporty look, goes well with a spoiler. An Acura one is about $50 to $60. An Aftermarket universal one is about $20-$30.
Where can you get an acura wind deflector for $50-$60? is this new price or used?
Anyone know what acura of augusta will charge us forum guys (and gals) for a new one?

·
Registered
143 Posts
out of curiosity...

how do they affect the wind movement in the car?

for example, without one, i know i can open any windows, and as soon as the SR opens, there's this suction action which clears the car out well... does the visor dampen this?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
they do make it quiet at highway speed so you can have fresh air on a cool evening without wind pounding you...I have installed on all 3 of my Legends...if you open one of the back windows a little while the sunroof is open, you get a lot of flow (and a little more noise). Caution, you should remove the visor periodically and clean and wax the roof where it contacts it, as water will damage the paint at the point of contact of the gasket....same goes for bras on the hood...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts