Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find some SUPER SUPER bright, as in like so bright it blinds people bulbs. These are for my tail lights on my GS. I recently tinted the tail lights and don't feel comfortable with the "dim" stock bulbs. I was thinking LED but has anyone used LED's in their tails? any comparison pics? how many LED's can I get on one bulb before it won't fit in the holes? Thanks for any help, and sites so I can find these bulbs

·
Registered
1,155 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had no luck with the overpriced LED bulbs in the past. They produce a more concentrated light that doesn't really spread throughout the whole housing. I tried these on my old 300ZX though. THey were like 15$ a bulb.

·
Registered
155 Posts
for LEDs you'll want to get a bulb that has most of the LEDs facing to the sides of the bulb--LEDs have a narrow angle of vision and regular bulbs spread out in all directions. The housings on the Legend are designed for incandescent but if you get an LED bulb like the "Tower" bulbs at autolumination.com those would work. I use the "Light Tower II" bulbs and they are very bright and visible, even in daytime. They cost a bit more when I bought them and I'd prolly go with the SMT Towers that they have now. Look here for more info/to order: 1157 1156 Superlumination.com leds (Automotive Replacement Light Bulbs, Headlights, Foglights & Lamps)

·
Spiral descent
5,004 Posts
I've read those Polarg's are pretty bright, but that they don't last very long for their price. But they are probably the brightest you can get. 35w is a lot, but you'll only see that when you use your brakes. Otherwise it's just 5w. The 2357 puts out 28 watts on high (both filaments) I believe and they are a lot cheaper. I think they put out 8w on low (one filament). Get the Long Life version and it will last closer to as long as the original 1157 bulbs. These won't create a staggeringly obvious difference but it is noticeable.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I need the best lights for our type of tail lights. It needs to be bright when the brakes are not pressed and when they are. So which would be the best one? I need the MAXIMUM light output. If it was possible I would put HID's for brake lights haha

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts
use the link provided, but buy LUXION bulbs.. I'll swear on those.

·
Go grab your bottle today
292 Posts
i thought i saw a sig pic of someone on here that did have HIDs for brake lights:dunno:

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f4/hid-back-up-lights-118288/index2.html

HID's for reverse lights pics on page 2. But I don't think it's feasible for brake/tail lamps because of frequent on/off cycles will severely diminish bulb life. Polargs are your best bet for brightness right now, although I think the high intensity LED chip technology will surpass those in a couple of years.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HID backup lights was my sig for awhile and NOT a photoshop. Polargs how bright are they any comparisons? when the brakes aren't pressed will they still be brighter then stock lights with no brakes pressed?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
link to the brightest type of polargs? I need them for the tail lights only. both reverse,turn and brake. not the 3rd brake light. Thanks if you can list me all the bulbs I need

1 - 13 of 13 Posts