Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, a buddy of mine just gave me his old injen intake,
i popped the old one off.
now i have it in, but check it, the two holes on the piping arent connecting with the two hoses from the engine,

i dont wanna sound dumb, but. do we need those?

i know i sound stupid right now, but yea, i want it in, but not if its gonna harm the car

·
Me & Nomuken(Monkey)
912 Posts
That Intake is for a legend with TCS I believe...Plug thos holes or put breathers on them and you should be alright...;)

Edit: just noticed you live in california...don't try to get it smoged with that intake because you will fail visual inspect, because there are no hoses goin to those holes...

·
Registered
570 Posts
no

you are missing two more hoses, here is where you would connect them and do a coolant bypass (seach DIY) so you can take out the metal combo piping. Injen intakes I believe have a C.A.R.B. sticker so you should be able to pass smog with the intake if you have that sticker in CA. If you don't contact them, I contacted Weapon R and all they asked for was a photo of it installed in my car and sent me my sticker.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome!
thanks for the quick responses.
yeah, i was missing the hoss, he didnt have them/\so right now, im running it without the two hoses ..the second larger one and the smallest one, it should be ok for a day right?

·
Lejen - on cardomain.com
258 Posts
^where did you get that metal box to cover the intake? i been looking but can not find.
It was hard to find, but I asked another member and got the skinny. It's a Weapon R Cold Air Intake Box. Doesnt fit the Injen Intake to an exact science but with some tin snips you should be able to make it work. It comes in polished and black. I believe C. Pascal has the black one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.