Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
I own a KA8 (G2 Coupe) and naturally I'm driven (no pun intended) towards more power. We've been whining (once again, no pun intended) about getting Forced Induction into our engine compartments, however, everybody gets hindered by manifold work and the basic head gasket issues. I picked up a Honda Tuning Mag just because it said "Comptech's V6 Blower Hits the Street".
Basically, Comptech built a Supercharger for for the Accord because they got X amount of emails for a supercharger for the J30A1 engine. Prices look pretty interesting for $6415 US (yes I know thats almost another car, but how much do you love your Legend?) including headers and the trimmings and the kit doesn't need any bottom end rebuilds or even piston redo's. From what it looks like, its a true bolt on.
I don't know where this would leave us, atleast now we know that V6's by Honda can be supercharged and there is a possible aftermarket supporter out there for the bigger Legend engines.

Hmmm... maybe we should email Comptech....

Your opinions on this please,

CHECK OUT THE ARTICLE ON HONDA TUNING HERE

ATTENTION MODERATORS, should this spark a lot of interest, please sticky this.

Thanks and Keep 'em behind the taillights.:D

Psychotic_Intentions

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
This came up a while back, we all know about the comptech supercharger for the Accord V6.

Now since when did Comptech make anything for the Legend. They've declared the legend a unprofittable market long long time ago. Don't be supprised when they ignore the hundreds of pleads for Legend parts.

G

·
It would take more than a couple hundred emails for comptech to make a super charger and that is just completely unrealistic. We are going to have to look elsewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makes sense, just didn't see Comptech mentioned in any of the earlier posts. I have been looking in some places for decent forced induction, may have found a place with some people who might be interested in doing some parts, but thats left to be seen. I'll keep everyone posted once I get some information on some horsepower producing engine mods other than the intake and exhaust bits.
Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
If I may chime in here, from a business point of view, I'll try and keep it simple.

When the Legend first came out it was targeted toward mid aged white collared folk or young execs. Who in turn can care less about after market bolt-ons and the industry recongnized that fact and so there was no real need to look at the Legend product (big company's) Now that the Legend is 7+ years in the history many of which have very high miles many see the Legend as a dead end venue, just because the younger generation now posses the mojority of Legends and wish to have major after market company's to produce parts is unrealistic thats why we don't see much outside of intakes and mufflers most big company's think of future profits all they see with Legends are cars that wont be around long enough to be profitable, all it will take is Acura to build another appealing car that will attract the Legend crowd and there it goes. Remember Young folk are considered fickle from a business point of view, and there are simply not enough mid age Legend drivers to make a difference. Sorry guys but that's the reality so don't expect much from anyone, maybe something here and there but thats about it.

Too many strikes against us Legend owners.
Supercharger??? you would have alot of convincing to do, and I mean a lot. Then it will be so much that most wont be able to afford it, remember most Legend drivers are now under 19, what teenager have about 8-9k for a supercharger. this is not NSXPrime.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very well said missy (Ms.C) :)
You couldn't be more accurate or correct.....it's the sad truth. But, *soft music* I still love you Legend.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Hahaha look at that business degree work!!!! hahaha very well said Miss C. insightful and correct you get an 'A'.

But there are always independent startup company's who are always willing to do something for us, so let us not forget theres always a ray of sunshine through the clouds. Just look for it.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Or 2 SC 6speeds. :)

(jose has a big grin on his face)..

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Leon-

Like I said at the meet - if you really want me to, I'll draw up and make a plan (in my head or on paper) for a FI setup that really works... the quick rundown that I gave you at the meet was just the beginning, because we can do alot based on that, but you'll definitely need the following along with the pulley(ies), brackets, and belts:

ECU - I recomment the AEM - TRUST ME, the SAFC isn't going to be enough, it's not versatile for the job

Injectors - RC Eng. will build them for you - top quality

Fuel pump - Warlbro...

Also, a manual FP regulator will be needed, and then you'll specify to the AEM the amount of fuel based on the MAPS that you'll want to use for Startup, Off-Idle, Idle, WOT, and various load conditions, along with the ign. timing and advance per RPM and fuel settings... This is a big project, but I can have the AEM (or at least the ECU and programming part) handled if someone wants to make it easy for me and go ahead and buy the parts and let me install them... pretty interesting - I know you want this Leon - Let's do it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
95Legend6Spd said:
[
ECU - I recomment the AEM - TRUST ME, the SAFC isn't going to be enough, it's not versatile for the job

[/B]
*needs a little word expansion*
Just wonering what AEM and SAFC are, and the difference.

*SID*

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
:D :D

after NOPI, I will drive the Accord and we can commence the activities....thanx Chris!

AEM = Brand...Advanced Engine Management
SAFC= Super Air/Fuel Controller
[Piggyback Fuel Computer. Modifies air-flow meter signal (pressure signal in some vehicles) to optimize fuel-air ratio, etc

AEM makes this and other systems including CAI's etc

Think KUBO

DO A SEARCH FOR KUBO, LISA

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Leon-

It's going to take a little time and dedication (Well, ALOT of time, and ALOT of dedication), but if you'd like to arrange for the brackets/pullies/belts and that stuff, I'll work on the car for you... the big expense is going to be your AEM EMS.... that's the only choice that I would even consider, based on my experience with them, and the fact that I don't trust the Haltech (yeah, on a car like a Legend... no...), or the Greddy E-manage (a good system, but only if I had a JDM-style vehicle)...

If you're willing, I'll work on it, but the car will have to be left here in Nashville, as I have until Aug 25th (?) to be here - a long time! So let's figure something out...!

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
95Legend6Spd said:
Leon-

It's going to take a little time and dedication (Well, ALOT of time, and ALOT of dedication), but if you'd like to arrange for the brackets/pullies/belts and that stuff, I'll work on the car for you... the big expense is going to be your AEM EMS.... that's the only choice that I would even consider, based on my experience with them, and the fact that I don't trust the Haltech (yeah, on a car like a Legend... no...), or the Greddy E-manage (a good system, but only if I had a JDM-style vehicle)...

If you're willing, I'll work on it, but the car will have to be left here in Nashville, as I have until Aug 25th (?) to be here - a long time! So let's figure something out...!
I understand.....do you offer a loaner vehicle...ahem... 6 speed perhaps?? ;) :D

j/k

Unless you will :D

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Good one Leon!:D

I would like a supercharger too. I am not interested in turbos. I will work with you and Leon to help offset the cost of R&D. I might also be able to find some of the custom work we need done. Keep me posted!
Later!
Lee

1 - 20 of 38 Posts