Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just searching around and found this.

Supercharger!

It states it fits all Legends with an Intake ONLY! I tried to click the link at the bottom for more info but no luck.

Personally I find this as crap but could work in theory. Remeber the jokes on trying to make a turbo with a leef blower? This I think takes the cake!

G

·
i think someone took it seriously....but that would work to some extent right? and some people already bidded on it....

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
In the discription it states "electric ram air supercharger." Basically you were right. This is just a small electric motor, similar to a blower, that is inside your intake tube. There are a lot of these out there. I asked my mechanic about them and he said it really didn't do much. I know it can help the air move faster into the engine, but cummon look at that thing. It looks like a little personal fan!!!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
301 Posts
Look at this

Some people are bidding over $100 for this thing !!!

I guess it's true - a sucker is born every minute.

·
Registered
332 Posts
maybe someone should email the auction winners and find out if they're satisfied with the results.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Something tells me this is "fishy" at the least... It claims to boost airflow by 300 percent... Something about that seems strange coming from a 12v ELECTRIC motor. I think you could put a gigantic riding lawnmower blade in from of the intake and get much less...

I was planning on emailing an auction winner, but then again, I see he has NEVER auctioned an item before! He has a total of 7 feedbacks, and he was the BUYER on each transaction. Watch yourselves here people...

UPDATE:
Anyone seen an item like this before? I HAVE! I used to do alot of computer work for a yacht club and a marina, and this item looks like an aftermarket bilge pump replacement! I am going to see if I can get my hands on a 12V 3" diameter bilge pump with prop and see if I can attach it! Lol!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
i do not see why it would not work to some extent. An engine is just a big air tube the more you get it or suck in the faster it will run faster. I mean it would do much but it might do a little something

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I think it was called the tornado!!!

My theory on this is that it will increase the air flow with pressure and the swirling motion that makes air move faster. What I don't like is the obstruction of the air passage way. Maybe if they would make a larger section with addaptors to smaller intakes you would not have to worry about the obstruction. These are just my thougts.
Later!
Lee

G

·
Speaking of the tornado...has anyone seen the Legend on the info-mercial? It's a sedan with tan interior, green exterior I believe...it's a lady being interviewed, and I quote..."My husband heard of the tornado and installed it himself, which was shocking! I have great pick up and incredible gas mileage, and I love it!" Is this really a crock? I couldn't see myself wasting 70 bucks on a superficial piece of crap!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
hhahaha i thought i was the only guy who noticed the woman was in a legend,,,glad to see im not the only one =P yo to all u guys DO NOT BUY THAT **** (tornado) my roommate wit a 94 legend sedan bought it and i laughed at his asss when he returned it. it literally looks like a 2 dolla strainer all bent up,,,,so nope it doesnt work and dont even bother with it. the lady in the commercial is prolly some girl tryin to make a few bucks

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have made a contact for these electronic "Superchargers"... I am going to be purchasing a single unit for dynamotesting purposes so we can compare the results! I have a 93 L Sedan (Type-1) with a Weapon-R intake. The only problem is that to use this product you have to cut a couple inches from your intake pipe. The tests will be run without a cut pipe (sticking out of the engine bay), and the again once I cut it to fit (AFTER seeing that it gives SOME positive result).

This system does NOT have an acceleration activation switch, and would have an on and off switch. This way you only switch it once when you punch it. However, I am looking into the posibilities of having it activated once I hit over 3000 RPM. My alarm has a tach sensor, why not make use of it?!

In any case, once I post results we will have a Legend owners word on wether this thing works or not. Realistic gains are estimated at 4-7HP. This seems pretty damn good considering it will be very affordable (less than most CAI).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.