Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GUys,

Thought this was pretty interesting. Also, before I start - sorry to any of you if this guy is you. Anyway, there is a guy selling a Toyota Supra on ebay. First line is "I'm going to revolutionize the auto industry by being completely honest. Then near the end of the description he says "I will not sell this car locally" giving his reason as "I don't want to have to see someone driving my dream car." Real reason - "I don't want anyone to know where I live cuz this car is all @#$%%^& up and I don't want to get my ass wupped for selling it to someone and it breaking down 2 days later. "

Now I think Supra's are awesome and I plan on getting one in the near future so I am not ragging on the life of Supra's. But saying you won't sell something locally is a little shady to me - anyone agree??

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
thanks for the link Dave.

I copy and pasted this:
"I am willing to drive the car to you, as long as its not to far...
I live in Escanaba Michigan and will not sell it to anyone locally...
I worked to hard to get my dream car and i will not see it driving around town without me in it.... I want it out of my sight"

I felt the same way when I sold my black coupe. I didn't want to see it driving down the street with somebody else enjoying it and not me. Although maybe there's a such thing as being a little 'too' honest.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
hey it's no longer for sale on ebay, he closed the auction early....:confused:

·
Registered
702 Posts
no offense to anybody, but i think the car looks sweet and i can understand why he would not want to sell it to anybody locally, and not because he wants to rip somebody off.

i see it like this and it is understandable. guy worked his ass off for the car of his dreams and now has to sell it for any circumstance. now personally, if i had money issues and i had to get rid of the car of my dreams and my ass was going to be walking from now on or driving some piece of sh*t car, and to see the car that i had owned and babied and loved dipping past me one day or even worse, being abused, that would be pretty painful. which would explain why he would want it to "disappear" and never see it again.

who knows, this guy may be honest and the car looks like it is in great condition.

when i bought my car from the guy who owned it before me, he was like, "i may call you from time to time just to see how the car is doing" that kind of thing, and he was like "if you wreck it, please do not tell me, because that would make me real sad". so i understand what dude is trying to say, people grow attached to their cars and selling it is hard enough and should mean the end of you seeing the car, not have it drive past you every single day, especially if you live in a small town or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts