Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have had my car back from TB/Waterpump service for about 3 weeks now-but just today I noticed something kind of strange...

When at idle, (for any period of time long or short) my engine begins to surge (I can actually feel it and see the RPM's jumping) and I begin to smell coolant/antifreeze. I looked under the hood while in Park, and it does the same thing the engine noticebly surges and then the smell of antifreeze. Could this bee air on my coolant system? I know how to bleed it, but am at work so can't do it until tomorrow. I am also thinkiing a cracked radiator hose or something like that. Any ideas before I take it to the dealer and let them "figure out" what's wrong???

·
Registered
767 Posts
yeah sounds like air.. if it does it again after youve bled it means they either havent done something up proppa or have damaged sumthin givin you an air leak.. and you dont want that

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, I will bleed it tomorrow

·
Banned
618 Posts
My car did the same thing, its not any more, but the only difference is i didnt' smell any antifreeze. How do you bleed the air from the system to stop that?

In the other post now thati know how to ajdust the idle, how do i bleed it and also bleed the air coolant.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
There is a small "bleeder" nut right between the radiator and engine block. loosen it with the engine on, and then tighten it once a STEADY stream of coolant comes out. If it spurts, that means there was definately air in the system. It would also be a good idea to top off your overfill res. during this time too...

:EDIT:
I went to look for the nut so I could snap you a quick pic-but can't find it!!!! I know I've seen pics, but cant find any on the search! Can someone (MIKED :) help me out, I can't seem to recall where the damn thing is!

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
morbo said:
There is a small "bleeder" nut right between the radiator and engine block. loosen it with the engine on, and then tighten it once a STEADY stream of coolant comes out. If it spurts, that means there was definately air in the system. It would also be a good idea to top off your overfill res. during this time too...

:EDIT:
I went to look for the nut so I could snap you a quick pic-but can't find it!!!! I know I've seen pics, but cant find any on the search! Can someone (MIKED :) help me out, I can't seem to recall where the damn thing is!
Jeff, about what can I help you? A small bleeder nut (10mm) right between radiator and engine block? There just one to bleeding air. Here the link you need. It should contains all infos you need to get a proper cooling system... How To Flush Coolant Fluid. That what you meant, Jeff? -Mike

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, I found it but also notice my overflow was EMPTY! I definately have a leak, my car is at the shop now being looked at, I PRAY it isn't a HG-but I think it's a hose or cracked radiator....

But that's EXACTLy what I was lookin for Mike, thanks :)

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like it is my radiator, it looks like the plastic is detaching from the metal of the radiator tank-beats a BHG I guess....

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ack! $478 from my local dealer, hoping AoA or Ray Laks is more reasonable....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.