Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car just had the HG work done on it, and my mechanic said that he keeps getting an idle surge. He says after it warms up, the idle will hunt up and down, and sometimes it will be ok. He says it seems like it has do do with the AC compressor kicking in... He has bled it, and gotten the air out, and still no luck. I really need your help on this one becasue I am selling the car, and I cannot sell it with this problem. He aslo cannot pull any codes from the computer.

Please help....:)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got off the phone with him....

Checked PCV valve, idle adjustment screw, etc,....He said that he has ran it quite a bit, and that there would be no air in it. He was getting a code 43 and code 44 from his scanner, and that it comes up fuel left bank and fuel right bank.... He said it could be O2 sensors. I am going to pick it up this afternoon and drive it around and see how it is....

·
Registered
6 Posts
surging idle

My 91 Legend does this once in a while. I have not been able to duplicate it in front of my mechanic, and it often goes away if I shut down and restart, but not always. Seems to drive fine...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a similar problem but it happened sporatically.
I checked the coolant as well but it fine and I bled it twice.
My O2 readings were fine.
Finally checked the coil packs and there was the problem.
The first one towards the front of the car on the driver's side had a slight crack in it.
Paid $36, if I remember correctly and no more problem.
I'm not sure if this info helps but check it out.

Good Luck~~

·
Registered
45 Posts
coil packs

SHR XTC did you buy a new coil pack or what?? If so, where did you buy the new one from????

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
When I got my Legend back from the shop. It idled awful, It had never done that before. I took out the spark plugs and on some there wasn't any gap anymore. It looked like the shop had over-torqued them.

I replaced them and I was good to go.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the same dang idle surge problem when the car warms up and I can't figure it out!! MC, did you find out the problem yet? please help. I have new NGK plugs, the coils look fine. new fuel filter, gas tank cleaner, injection system cleaner, donno what else to do. it only happens when the car warms up. come on someone must have ran into this and figured it out!!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh..... in my PM I forgot to mention that you should try to bleed the air from your cooling system. This can cause bad temperature readings which may fool your car into turing up the idle spuraticaly because it has the wrong temperature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts