Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone post or email me answers to these questions? i'm planning on removing my koni/eibachs and putting in the GC coilovers.

1) how do you remove the front shocks?
2) how do you take the perch out of the koni shocks to put the coilover in?
3) at what perch would you put the coilovers on?

thanx in advance.
-j

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Yes! Gonna look smooth I'm sure.

Wish I had the answer to your question.

How much for the Eibach's when you take them off? 1.1f and 1.0R, correct. Anyone got tabs on them yet?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Jae, here's a rough explanation oh how it's done since I'm pretty new to this also.

1.)For the front:

When you take the wheel off your going to see at the bottom of your shock a "horseshoe" type metal holding on to it. There's two bolts on that "horseshoe" that need to be removed. One at the top of it which holds onto the shock and the other at the bottom which holds onto the car. Once those are off you can unscrew the brake lines off of the shock assembly. Then go under your hood and there are those three bolts that need to be taken out. Whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE OUT THE MIDDLE BOLT, or else the spring will come out flying. Once those three bolts are out the shock/spring assembly will come out. Then you must compress the spring with a spring compressor (very dangerous, so be careful) so that when you take off the middle screw the spring won't come flying out. So, you got the spring compressed, now you put an allen wrench on the middle screws top and unscrew the bolt with a wrench. Once that middle bolt is out you can now take apart your shock/spring assembly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

2.)The perch is just that little metal ring that is around the konis, just move it to whichever perch you want.

3.Front shocks I left on the upper perch and the rear shocks on the lower perch.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks sammy,
for question 2, how do you take that metal peice off the shock? this metal peice is the one that the spring rests on. i need to remove this to put the coilover in becuase the coilover has it's own platform that rests on the perch. correct? it doesn't look like it just slides off.
-j

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes, the coilover does have its own platform that rests on the perch (koni adapter which is included with my ground controls). I'm pretty sure that piece that you're talking about slides right off. But, it won't slide off with ease. You might have to do a little banging to get it off. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.