Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I run over some potholes that I can't avoid, there's like this "clunk" noise coming from my front driver side tires. When I'm on pretty smooth pavement all is okay but as soon as I start hitting cracks the "clunking" noise comes on?

I think it's the suspension, but I could be wrong. Any ideas guys?

I already repaired my CV boots if any one is wondering that it could be that, and already the tie rod as well.

THanks.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
G2-GS said:
Everytime I run over some potholes that I can't avoid, there's like this "clunk" noise coming from my front driver side tires. When I'm on pretty smooth pavement all is okay but as soon as I start hitting cracks the "clunking" noise comes on?

I think it's the suspension, but I could be wrong. Any ideas guys?

I already repaired my CV boots if any one is wondering that it could be that, and already the tie rod as well.

THanks.
Yep, My guess would be a blown shock. I had the same thing on my g1 back in the day. Eventuall, the shock will completely blow out and poke throw under the hood.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have the same exact problem with my coupe the and the problem is the Upper Ball Joint..... They say you have to replace the whole control arm..... Acura Quoted me $420 While sears auto quoted me $200.....

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same exact problem with my coupe the and the problem is the Upper Ball Joint..... They say you have to replace the whole control arm..... Acura Quoted me $420 While sears auto quoted me $200.....
what is the control arm? is that similar with the shocks?

Yep, My guess would be a blown shock. I had the same thing on my g1 back in the day. Eventuall, the shock will completely blow out and poke throw under the hood.
are you serious bout that poking out through the hood man. if you're for real...sh1t that's freaky...gotta get it checked asap now.

any other ideas...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.