Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grond Control sells a kit for the legend (actually i think they only sell one but anyway) for about $400. i currently have stock springs and shocks, and i'm looking to lower my ride. if i bought this package from GC, would it have everything I need to lower the car? I don't want to buy springs and then have to shell out extra for shocks, and GC claims their springs can work well with either aftermarket shocks or stock shocks. Could somebody also tell me if these are springs, coilovers, both, shocks? Im kinda clueless after reading their website (www.ground-control.com)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i can get GC for stock shocks, be able to raise and lower as much as i please without having to worry about my ride getting messed up or having my shocks being shot relatively quickly. am i right?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well you can use the stock struts--but only for a little while. I say this because you can put them on there, your ride will be a little bouncy if you lower it too much, and then eventually your stock struts will blow and you'll have to replace them anyway. Not the way to go especially since you'll have it all torn apart anyway.

Currently there is a group buy going on for Koni struts from member LegendMS. Just PM him and get in on the buy. I believe there are 10 people in the buy and the cost is $430 for the set of 4. This is what I would recommend if you're going to do the GCs.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. one final question: if i got the coilovers, and i kept them adjusted to my stock height for the most part and only lowered them once in a while, would it be the same as having my car stock? i say this b/c i dont think i will lower it too often, mostly just for show, and i plan to drive it normally at just the stock height. this way, i hope i can keep the stock shocks useable for as long as possible.

·
Registered
307 Posts
rquest77 said:
ok. one final question: if i got the coilovers, and i kept them adjusted to my stock height for the most part and only lowered them once in a while, would it be the same as having my car stock? i say this b/c i dont think i will lower it too often, mostly just for show, and i plan to drive it normally at just the stock height. this way, i hope i can keep the stock shocks useable for as long as possible.
With keeping the car at stock height for the most part, I think it would be okay to keep the stock struts.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
i heard ground controls give a pretty ruff ride................alot harsher then eibachs.......................anybody have groundcontrols??? Leon ur not worried about losing ur ride quality?? also how easy is to adjust the ride height with GC's...........dont u have to take it to ur mechanic or get it on a lift??

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
harsher than eibach's? doesn't GC incorporate eibach's into their package????

and i think it's pretty easy to adjust with GC's, unlike most coilovers (where you need to go to a mechanic), you can just use a jack and adjust each wheel yourself and raise, lower, raise, lower, raise, lower all you want without too much trouble or time.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Leon will have more experience with this, oh and ChrisK does too, but I've read that there are potential issues with an upper mount breaking with the GCs. I can't comment on the stiffness, but know that my eibachs are nice :D. Well so far, I don't know for sure yet because I've only driven on them for 20 minutes, but they appear to be nice. Oh I have the Konis though, this is a GOOOOOOOOOOD investment, I love the way it looks now :D:D:D:.....I'm still cheezing over it.

G

·
The problem that I see with coilovers though, is that you should definitely have a camber kit in, and not only that, but if you want to lower them then you have to get an alignment every single time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts