Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am researching suspension setups for my future legend. What I want to do is get some 17" CL Type S wheels, and then a small drop to fill in the fender gap. However, I want to keep the ride as close to stock as possible, because hey, it's a legend, not a racing car. What do you all recommend? I have heard good things about eibach sportlines...for those of you with lowered cars, how does it ride, what is your drop, and what do you have on there? Thanks!

Chris

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
otterizer said:
Hey, I am researching suspension setups for my future legend. What I want to do is get some 17" CL Type S wheels, and then a small drop to fill in the fender gap. However, I want to keep the ride as close to stock as possible, because hey, it's a legend, not a racing car. What do you all recommend? I have heard good things about eibach sportlines...for those of you with lowered cars, how does it ride, what is your drop, and what do you have on there? Thanks!

Chris
I do not believe there is an application for the Legend with the Eibach Sportline. Only the Eibach Pro kit has an application for the Legend.

I have tried 3 different spring/shock combos. First was the Konis and Eibach Pro kit. I really liked this set up, and the ride was pretty good. Next was my Koni and JDM R-Spec springs. I really liked the look of this set up as the R-Spec dropped my car over 2" up front, but it was too low for me. The ride was stiffer, but not bad at all. My current set up is the Koni shocks and stock springs. I have the Konis on the low perch, so it drops the car .75". In reality though, it is closer to 1" or a little more. This would be a good set up for you since you want the stock ride quality, and it gives you a slightly lower stance comparable to the Eibach springs on stock shocks or the standard perch setting on the Koni.

I like this set up as well, although I wouldn't mind it being a tad bit stiffer. If I had to do it again, I would get the Eibachs again. The Koni/OEM springs is would be my next choice.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've got Koni/Eibach on mine. I've had them for 2 months now and I love them. The ride is a little bit more stiff, but not bad at all. For the most part, it still rides like stock but handles much better :D.

I've got my Koni's at the factory stiffness and on the lowest perch all the way around. I'd say I have about 1 3/4" drop up front and about 2" in back. They have had plenty of time to settle. In the front, I have 1 1/2 fingers of gap (about 3/4") and the rears, well they may be too low, the tire tucks and you can't get a finger up there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have Koni/Eibach Pro Kit as well. Koni's set to lowest perch in the front and middle perch in the back...gives the legend a "meaner" look. Great settup. Perfect stiffness. Looks real good with 17" rims.

·
2,873 Posts
Re: Re: Suspension setups

ChrisK said:

My current set up is the Koni shocks and stock springs. I have the Konis on the low perch, so it drops the car .75". In reality though, it is closer to 1" or a little more.
Chris why did you use stock springs and Koni's? I was considering doing the same but then I thought I would lose performance . How do you like it so far? I like the cushy ride I have now but if I going to be putting in Koni's, I might as well just drop the car as well and put stiffer springs.
:confused:

·
Registered
616 Posts
sup guys,

i just received my shocks and springs yesturday... how much should i set my shocks at???? i dont want it to low now...im scared itz gonna f up my camber.....

wat do u guys think?????

·
2,873 Posts
If you're driving in NYC I would just leave it at full soft ( no turns on the Koni's. If you want you can try 1/4 to 1/2 turn) See how you like it. I'll probably have mine on Full Soft when I install mine this summer. I just need to get a set of springs.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Suspension setups

Avarice said:

Chris why did you use stock springs and Koni's? I was considering doing the same but then I thought I would lose performance . How do you like it so far? I like the cushy ride I have now but if I going to be putting in Koni's, I might as well just drop the car as well and put stiffer springs.
:confused:
When I decided to sell my JDM R-Spec springs because they were too low, I wanted to go back to the Eibachs. I posted here that I wanted to do a trade with anyone who had Eibachs but wanted a lower slammed look. Eventually all the deals fell through, so I simply sold the R-Spec to someone that wanted it. I didn't want to spend $250 for a new Eibach set, so I put the Konis on the low perch and slapped in the stock springs. I guess because the stocks came off my friends 91 with about 90K miles, plus the .75" drop, my car was lowered about the same as if I had Eibachs to begin with. The difference is the ride is stock since I have the Konis on full soft. Handling is a little better than stock since the car is lower (Lower CG) but it does have the stock body roll. I'll probably up the stiffness of the Koni shocks one day when I have time though. For now, I get the lowered look, and the stock ride comfort.

·
Registered
306 Posts
G Rahn said:

Everything will have to be taken apart a second time if you find that you are out of spec, and you'll be paying for a second alignment as well. It can add up to nearly the cost of the camber kit. Once in a while, someone posts that they didn't need the kit, but I wouldn't count on it. What you can count on, if you drive it with excessive negative camber, is that you willbe buying front tires on a regular basis.
Just comment though, you can install the camber kit later and you don't have to remove everything--i.e the strut does not have to come back out. Depends on which one you buy, the ball joint replacement or the other one (I can't remember which one it is, but it is 2 pieces). I have the one that is in 2 pieces. I've heard on the board that some people with the ball joint replacement have clearance problems.

According to Ingalls, the camber kit should take .8 hours per side. I had my springs/struts installed first, drove it for 2 weeks to let it settle then had the camber kit put on. With mine on the lowest perch, no camber kit, I came up to -2.0 of negative camber. With the kit on, I'm at -.25. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a camber kit if you do the eibach/koni. You will definitely need it if you do the H&R or the GC's (well assuming you slam it).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts