Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo! I have been learning for my planned "future suspension". I a planning to get H&R springs and Koni shocks. How any types of koni shocks are there??? I think 1 but I might be wrong!:confused: Anyway I think a caper kit adjust somwthing with the alignment of the wheels? Am I right orwrong?What kind of new camber kit would I need with the HRs and Konis?!?!? What are struts??? What would be the best setting to set my shocks to without putting too much stress on them and blowing them with the HR's and with the stock springs!??! Thanks for all who contribute with information!!!!!!!! :cool:

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
There is only one type of Koni available to us and that is the Koni "Special" (red/orange in color).

The camber kit corrects the camber, or tilt that your tires would have when the car is lowered. Without a kit, the top of your tires will tilt inwards.

If memory serves me, the part number for the Ingalls camber kit you would need is 3573 (double-check this).

Struts and shocks are similar. The difference is that struts provide structural support for the suspension system, whereas shock absorbers don't.

The Konis that you get will replace your existing struts and will be able to handle the load of your lowered ride.

Your stock springs will be replaced by the H&Rs, so those will not be an issue either.

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great!!!

So basically all I have to worry about in the suspension is springs, shocks, and the camber kit? Anything else!?!?

G

·
hey Im starting a GB on koni's for the legend for 430$ shipped... I'm working on getting the H&R's for a good price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts