Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt see any links to lowering springs, will the older RL kits work, or should we use the current UA TL kits?

HNIC: we are in the same town playa...w00t

i'm about to buy a pearl white 99 and want to lower it on my RH wheels..

TIA!

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Didnt see any links to lowering springs, will the older RL kits work, or should we use the current UA TL kits?

HNIC: we are in the same town playa...w00t

i'm about to buy a pearl white 99 and want to lower it on my RH wheels..

TIA!
You didn't see any links to lowering springs because there are none. The closest your going to get to lowering the RL is via TSX TEIN basic coilovers (which will make the ride bouncy as hell) or some JIC-FLTA2 coilovers which will run you about 2 stacks.

Ksport coilovers will also bounce you around and accord springs and kits will do the same.

The guys at K-sport may be able to give you custom spring rates that will work with the RL. I wouldn't hurt to ask.

·
ビップスタイ&#
618 Posts
I've emailed quite a few companies.... waiting for replies. Tein replied to me.. here it is.

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance Suspension products. Unfortunately, we do not currently offer products for the US version 2001 or 2004 Acura RL, although we have released our S.Tech lowering springs for the Japanese equivalent right hand drive Honda Legend. However, such products were never tested for compliance with US spec left hand drive Acura branded vehicles. Therefore, proper fitment cannot be guaranteed, no warranty would be implied, and any attempt to install and use such products on your vehicle would be wholly at your discretion. We have provided part number and pricing details for the Honda Legend below, and have attached representative images for your consideration. The referenced products would be available on a special order basis from Japan, for which no returns are accepted. All TEIN products are available for purchase through any of our authorized dealers, for which a complete list can be accessed by visiting TEIN USA | DEALER LIST. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us at your convenience.

Application: 2/1996 - 9/2004 RHD Honda Legend FWD 3.5L KA9 (Euro, Euro Exclusive, Legend, Legend Exclusive models)

- S.Tech (Soft) - Part # SKH62-S1B00 - MSRP $160.00
- S.Tech (Medium) - Part # SKH62-M1B00 - MSRP $170.00

Best regards,

TEIN Sales Team

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've emailed quite a few companies.... waiting for replies. Tein replied to me.. here it is.

Application: 2/1996 - 9/2004 RHD Honda Legend FWD 3.5L KA9 (Euro, Euro Exclusive, Legend, Legend Exclusive models)

- S.Tech (Soft) - Part # SKH62-S1B00 - MSRP $160.00
- S.Tech (Medium) - Part # SKH62-M1B00 - MSRP $170.00

Best regards,

TEIN Sales Team
Weird, when I google those part nummers I get a list on the Tein Japan website where it says KA7.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Go big and get quality coilovers. I'm running on Anceltion coilovers for the KA9. Straight from Japan and worth every penny. I'll post up some details in a new thread

·
ビップスタイ&#
618 Posts
Weird, when I google those part nummers I get a list on the Tein Japan website where it says KA7.
Acura Forum - Acura World.com - View Single Post - Lowering Spring

Š"Ž®‰ïŽÐ�@ƒeƒCƒ"�@S.TECH / HONDA

It is there, I copy pasted the app info for you too:

レジェンド KA9 H8.2-H16.9
EURO, EURO EXCLUSIVE , LEGEND, LEGEND EXCLUSIVE FF3500

△ SOFT SKH62-S1B00
\28,000 (本体)
\29,400 (税込) 4.2k

MEDIUM SKH62-M1B00
\28,000 (本体)
\29,400 (税込) 5.4k

△理由=車高ダウン量過多のため。

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go big and get quality coilovers. I'm running on Anceltion coilovers for the KA9. Straight from Japan and worth every penny. I'll post up some details in a new thread
tempting...and anceltion are very nice pieces, but if im going to drop 2 large plus, it would be for air runner, just for that extra lil novelty

the s-techs will most likely slam it more than i want....if they had a number for the H-tech springs that would be dope...i'll most likely try the legend springs first, and see where it goes from there

thanks guys for the hard work and responses!:thumbsup:

·
Ultimate DIYer
174 Posts
cool groundwork...but if the ksports for the legends react the way they do for civics and integras, i'll be sneding them back within a year for warranty replacements for being blown... have yours been good in the long term?
I and other members just placed an order of G2 Legend Ksport coilover via Group buys. We haven't received the kit yet. You'd better get some information from the other guys testimonies organized in my thread. I did search and read a lot about the Ksport coilover and finally, I decided to go with Ksport. The spring rate for G2 Legend Ksport is 13/7 front/rear which is good for RL too. The kit will not react the way that for Civics or Integras as of my knowledge. The Ksport coilover is ultimate performance wise but still comfortable in ride. You can still buy a kit at GB price if you want. You can also adjust spring rate +/-2 for your taste when you order it. I will write my testimony when I install it and have a test drive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
awesome

I and other members just placed an order of G2 Legend Ksport coilover via Group buys. We haven't received the kit yet. You'd better get some information from the other guys testimonies organized in my thread. I did search and read a lot about the Ksport coilover and finally, I decided to go with Ksport. The spring rate for G2 Legend Ksport is 13/7 front/rear which is good for RL too. The kit will not react the way that for Civics or Integras as of my knowledge. The Ksport coilover is ultimate performance wise but still comfortable in ride. You can still buy a kit at GB price if you want. You can also adjust spring rate +/-2 for your taste when you order it. I will write my testimony when I install it and have a test drive.
cool beans....i ask only because i blew up a set on an integra....the early ksports had tube issues, but apparently d2/ksport redid them to make up for the previous bad testimonials...i bought my KA9 to cruise...so eibachs from the g2 will work for me, i still have the integra to beat on :)

keep me posted though

·
Registered
91 Posts
Apparently the TSX springs will not fit on stock RL shocks. Adjustable coilovers are well worth the money so you can adjust the height and dampening. There are RSR and other brands of springs for the KA9 in Japan if you are really set on springs.

TSX Ksport/Megan coilovers if you are on a tight budget. Algernon, Insurance Group, JIC VIP or Buddy Club for something quality and bolt on for the KA9.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
found a few foreign sites selling insurance group stuff...but noone will ship to the us...and i have my friends shop checking on the tein part numbers that onebad gave above

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
addendum

SO, has anyone run the eibach springs for the G2 legends on their RL yet?

if so, is the ride bouncy or sluggish?

thanks

·
Now-G3Silver-
324 Posts
eliteautostyle.com is a broker that can get you just about any parts you need from Japan. Drop them an email.
you da man, their here in van:woot:
just emailed them to see if they have a retail store to go by and check out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No worries. Justin is the owner/operator and I don't believe he has a store front. He is trust worthy I have bought a few things from him now including my coilovers from Yahoo Japan.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts