Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Just wondering:

Im about to get the mechanic to install my Konis and H&R's so do you think I need a camber kit?

and also whats the deal with bumpstops what the heck are those?, because someone said he cut them in half and the ride was smoother? can someone explain?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
yes you need a chamber kit. Or i mean its not a MUST have because im lowered a little over 2in and dont have them yet but i would recomend it if you have money. You need to cut the bumpstops in half. If you dont they will not leave the shock any traveling room.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I would recommend you have the camber kit installed, but only after a week or so of driving after your springs/struts are installed. The reason I say this? The springs will settle in about a week, sometimes more. Some will argue this and say that they settle in a few hours, but I've noticed mine have settled since installing my koni/eibachs.

When I first had them installed, the front was about 2 1/2 finger gaps, and now (1 month later) I can get about 1 1/2 fingers in there, so there will be some settling taking place. The rears I can't tell how much they have settled although they do appear to be lower because when I first put them on, the rears tucked and I couldn't get a finger in there anyway.

I have my konis at factory stiffness, lowest perch all the way around and eibachs. Only my front bumpstops are cut and I would recommend that you have all of your bumpstops cut when you get the job done.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the feedback guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts