Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wussup eri bodi!

I want to let everyone know that I finished my Clutchmasters stage II clutch job! I haven't chirped anything or dug in real good cause the breakin is like 500 miles w/ frequent clutching

I am able to offer advice to those who are interested in doing this job and or for those who are smack in the middle (or knee deep) in the job. And would entertain the idea of doing the job - for a fee of course.

Anyways, without question, I would not recommend doing this job without the following....

HELM manual
Acetyline torch
Complete air setup
Complete 1/2 and 3/8 drive mm socket set
Complete open / closed end wrenches
Torque Wrench

and of course new clutch kit (including throwout bearing), nuts for the exhaust, hi temp bolt lub, hi temp grease, trans fluid, dot 3 brake fluid, plenty of time, background music, and a skirt hangin round might make things more interesting.

KNLNGUS
95 LS 6spd Coupe w/ 139k miles

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
LOL

Sweet man! Sounds like it was a success....

So how long did it actually take you... I think the book was about 10 hrs??

Does it take longer with the skirt there, or is just to keep you sane?

When my clutch goes, will you gladly fly to Calgary to do it for me (for a fee of course:D )?

How is the new clutch now.... dos it feel like OEM, better, worse....Lemme know.

Cole

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Start to finish - the job was completed in almost 7 and a half hours with all the tools laid out (in place before I started) and not put away.

Ah, you know - she was there to pass me the tools, tell me she's tired, hungry, bored, and that I owe her big time. But thats all good - cause I made her feel all special and then threw her a few biscuits (benjamin franklins) - and all is well.

You know me... After I was finished... I did my rocky balboa impression (as if I just ran through So. Philly up pass 16th to the capital) having thoughts of helping or doing the job on my own for someone on a scale - but who knows. If I run across someone in VA, MD, DC that needs some help or the job done... Then I may just make them an offer.

The pressure plate is definitely more LBS than stock so I do feel a big difference in the clutch (pressure on the foot pedal required to move the clutch fork) but I'm sure it will ease up a bit with time (or I will get used to it). The first time taking off - thats exactly what it was. I gave her normal gas and let out the clutch - Well, it wasn't like a slow let out - that clutch was out and then on - BAM! She (the 6 puck clutch) caught the flywheel, chirped the tires a bit, and I was off. I'm impressed! I'm also glad that I put 1600 degree lube on every nut and bolt and torqued everything down.

I also notice that a few of the susupension and varios components under the car had lost the torque the book calls for.

Gotta Jet!
KNLNGUS

·
Registered
628 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts