Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im parting out my 93 ,but would like to know ?what would i have to do to put my type 2 motor in a 5 speed 92. i have every part i might need .can someone help me on this ,oh the type 2 is an automatic .I was thinking it would be cool to have the best of both worlds,thanx jahlinx .I'm building this car seven my son he's 4 but loves legends

· Factory Freak!
1,651 Posts
jahlinx said:
Im parting out my 93 ,but would like to know ?what would i have to do to put my type 2 motor in a 5 speed 92. i have every part i might need .can someone help me on this ,oh the type 2 is an automatic .I was thinking it would be cool to have the best of both worlds,thanx jahlinx .I'm building this car seven my son he's 4 but loves legends
If you've got all the parts from both cars you wont NEED to get anything. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I suggest while the motor is out, to do ALL maintance, also including headgasket. It would save you SOO much time while removed... Good luck Bro!

· Registered
4,086 Posts
why do you speak in third person may i ask ..

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
It will bolt right up. There is some difference in the vaccum layout due to the Type II not having the air injection system. DV8 has some good vaccum diagrams on his website. Do a search on it. I think it is 2slik4u.com if i'm not mistaken. Make sure you use the ECM from the 93. Also now would be a good time for a new set of HG and valve job as well as a timing belt and wterpump job. It is alot easier ith the engine on a stand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.