Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first off I have been a long time reader but this is my first post

first off I want a clean sounding system with a touch a bass.
I am looking at the alpine cda-9830 or 9833 headunit
for the front speakers either mb quart seperates or some alpine 3 ways
along with 3 way 6X9 for the rears. For the sub, jl 12"w3 with a 150 watt amp. would the components sound good enough running from the headunit? or would I need to get a 4 ch. amp to power the fronts and the sub? Is a 12" sub to much bass or should I get a 10"
would I be better off buying online or the local tweeter?

sorry for so many questions
thank you for any help
Sal

·
Registered
70 Posts
first of all, tweeter likes to you in places you dont like to get ed. in my experiance, ebay treats you(if you buy from a reputable ebayer) then tweeter did. lets see from tweeter i bought; MB Quart discus 12" woofer, kx150.2 amp, and an alpine cda9815 h/u. so far, one of the binding posts from the subs came loose(i fixed it with krazy glue and epoxy), my amp refuses to work reliably, and the h/u just flat out never read any cds. they treated me well with the h/u thoguh, as i payed 4 more dollars for a cda9830 and it hasnt broken yet.

as far as ur sub goes, dont bother with overpriced JL. yes, theyre nice and popular, but you should research brand like Adire(especially theyre Brahma or Typhoon, i think, series) or elemental designs, or diamond audio if u wanna spend more.

i highly recommend Alpine as far as h/u go, so IMO ur good there.

also, i would highly recommend buying a high end amp to power your components, they'll sound 50 times better. i dont know much about MB Quart comps, but ive heard you cant crank them like some people like, they have a tweeter protection, that sound nice, but some find it comes on too early. i have boston acoustics and i love them.

check out websites like Wooferetc.com, or etronics.com, they have lots of high end stuff for relatively low prices.

·
Registered
847 Posts
10 is enough if you are just powering your speakers with your h/u.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.