Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just bought a 92 300ZX automatic. Not the twin turbo. He just bought it and the car is stock. I think he said its around 220hp. I drove it today and I thought it would have been faster than it felt.

Has anyone ever raced one of these? I have a Stock 91 L Sedan Automatic.... Who do you think would win? Anyone have numbers on these 300ZX's. I know I dont stand a chance against the Twin Turbo but what about these???

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
with some BLM (Basic Legend Modifications:Intake, Exhaust, chip) you could probably take him.

i hope this acronym sticks so you dont have to wright out all the mods done.

BLM.......BLM.........BLM.

woo that boy is a genius:) psyche

uh yeah peace

one...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
BLM!! Ha that's great.... kinda like BPU with the Supras... that's funny...

Anyways, your friend should have at least gotten the 5-speed, because the auto 300Z's don't fare that well with hard driving... plan on replacing that tranny in the future.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
It will be REAL close, I think the non-turbo auto comes in around 7.4 0-60, it's by no means fast. With minor bolt ons you'll take him.

But then again, you are comparing an all out sports car designed for performance against a car designed for luxury and performance... It's not a fair comparison but the Legend can still hold it's own :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
YOU GUYS MAY NOT BELEIVE THIS!!!!!!!!

I was on my way to Carlisle with my younger brother who just happens to have a 300zx convertible automatic. We were running pretty good and my G1 coupe is holding its own. I've learned that the higher you go up in gears the longer they are. For example we are running me in my G1 coupe ( I have another brother of mine in my passenger seat ) and my brother in his 300zx and I'm riding fourth gear out to redline and his 300 doesn't have me by that much of a lead ( maybe a car length ) and I still have fifth gear to go. Now I'm not saying that my car is all that and a bag of chips ( although sometimes it does feel like it ). What I am saying is that before alot of you guys think about racing the one thing you should do is learn the characteristics of your car. Learn where the best shift points are and if you have an automatic how to up and down shift. Once you've learned how to really and I do mean really drive your car you will find that alot of new cars and some sportscars that are wolves in sheep clothing ( the non-turbo Z being one of them ) are not as bad as they seem. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
THE 300zx RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brother's convertible Z is stock execpt for some 18 inch classic rims ( the rims are called classics ). Although there are many cars that have more power than a legend I STILL THINK A WELL PREPARED LEGEND CAN RUN WITH THE BEST OF THEM. It seems to me as if you've never taken your legend on a high speed run to see how well it can handle on some twisty roads as well as straight a ways. Boy you don't know what your missing. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Re: THE 300zx RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Bigs said:
My brother's convertible Z is stock execpt for some 18 inch classic rims ( the rims are called classics ). Although there are many cars that have more power than a legend I STILL THINK A WELL PREPARED LEGEND CAN RUN WITH THE BEST OF THEM. It seems to me as if you've never taken your legend on a high speed run to see how well it can handle on some twisty roads as well as straight a ways. Boy you don't know what your missing. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)
I'm down to the fullest. ON them twisty roads Legends can't be touched. On straightaways that drafting method you put me on with is killa. Even though my car is **** near stock It still a big $4 bag of flavor blasted BBQ ruffles with a ham samich on da side:D :D Legendz can't be touched especially if suited and booted up.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
i lined up next to a 300Z like a month or so ago and ran away from him. He had some 18s and guages looked good but wouldnt get one unless its a TT. The 300ZX is the most american import around i think.

·
Registered
386 Posts
HEY 5SPEED4DOOR

Glad to see you are enjoying your legend. I hope some more of our family members ( legend owners ) can find the TRUE joy that most of us have found when driving our cars. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts