Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still pretty new to cars, but I saw over at the legend data center that a legend ran 0-60 in 6.3 sec with tcs off. What is TCS and how do i turn it off?

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Traction Control System....

Its only found on 93-95 models with the type II engine. You do not have it because you have a 92 sedan... my 91 sedan does not have it either. On my 93 coupe, there is a little button on the dash that allows you to turn it on or off.

It just prevents your wheels from spinning.... it cuts the throttle. Its really nice in the winter because its harder to rev the **** out of your car when you are on a bad patch of ice or something.... less wasted gas.:)

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I assume they did do a high RPM launch, as the best I can manage with a low RPM launch is that 6.7. I tried a higher RMP luanch once and just spun the tires :) But either way, that is how they do it for all their manual cars. I wish some other 6-Speed Legend owners will have the guts to slip their clutch at high RPM to test it out :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the posts guys. i have one other question though. i have an automatic, and when i race people i find that changing the gears manually cuts down about a second. will the mess up my transmition? just want to make sure before i do that too much =)

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
ChrisK said:
I assume they did do a high RPM launch, as the best I can manage with a low RPM launch is that 6.7. I tried a higher RMP luanch once and just spun the tires :) But either way, that is how they do it for all their manual cars. I wish some other 6-Speed Legend owners will have the guts to slip their clutch at high RPM to test it out :)
I have not done many burnouts in my car yet, but about two weeks ago, I did my first one.

I turned the TCS off, and revved at around 3500-4000 rpm, and then let the clutch out, at the same time putting the pedal to the floor....:rolleyes: Holy:eek: did those tires ever light up. It was hilarious because I redlined in 1st before I even got like ten feet. I had to immediatly shift into 2nd. That was so stupid....

The launch sucked even at that because my tires just spun, so there must be a happy medium between a pointless clutch drop like mine, and soemthing around 2000 or so..

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
danger69 said:
thanks for the posts guys. i have one other question though. i have an automatic, and when i race people i find that changing the gears manually cuts down about a second. will the mess up my transmition? just want to make sure before i do that too much =)
I tried that too with my auto sedan, and it sux... dont do it. There is a delay in the 1-2 shift, and I think especialy under hard acceleration, its not good for the tranny. If your transmission is still running strong, then you should get the full potential out of the 1-2 shift as it is a very hard shift. But I would not recommend sshifting manually while racing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i need to get my watch and time it. i've been to lazy/busy to do it right now. maybe sometime in the future =) i'll keep u guys posted

1 - 12 of 12 Posts