Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a 93 Coupe LS.

I have a TCS button. The problem is the TCS light comes on when I press the button, but never stays on, no matter how manny times I switch. Is this a problem, or just a malfunctioning switch ?

Thank you:D

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
vrb747 said:
Hi all

I have a 93 Coupe LS.

I have a TCS button. The problem is the TCS light comes on when I press the button, but never stays on, no matter how manny times I switch. Is this a problem, or just a malfunctioning switch ?

Thank you:D
What you need to understand is that Honda/Acura designed the TCS system to be "ON" all the time. They believe it is safer for the driver that way, so TCS is "ON" upon start up. When you push the TCS button, you are actually turning the TCS system "OFF". The light will then light up because Honda/Acura want's to warn you that the TCS system has been turned off, becuase they recomend you always have it on. Because the system is set to turn on at every start up, the light will go out once you stop the car and restart it. Keep in mind, the TCS system is always active, but it does not mean it is doing anything. The only time it is doing something is when the TCS and ACTIVE lights in the tach gauge light up and blink.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Re: Re: TCS

ChrisK said:

What you need to understand is that Honda/Acura designed the TCS system to be "ON" all the time. They believe it is safer for the driver that way, so TCS is "ON" upon start up. When you push the TCS button, you are actually turning the TCS system "OFF". The light will then light up because Honda/Acura want's to warn you that the TCS system has been turned off, becuase they recomend you always have it on. Because the system is set to turn on at every start up, the light will go out once you stop the car and restart it. Keep in mind, the TCS system is always active, but it does not mean it is doing anything. The only time it is doing something is when the TCS and ACTIVE lights in the tach gauge light up and blink.
Took me like 2 weeks to figure this backasswards way Honda did this.

LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.