Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you get a code 8 does it mean you have to replace the entire distributor assembly. Or just the Cap and rotor?

Its wierd I left my lights and on i try and start the car and its dead. So i boost it and it starts with this code. Its odd.

·
Registered
37 Posts
when mine showed the code i went took off my cap and looked at my distibuter and on the inside circle, right inside of the outer shell there are a group of lines. then i looked on the shell and say a colored part of the shell, its small, maybe 1cm. in legth. and you have to make sure the like are in the right place, i might try messing with the position of those lines before replacing anything.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Did this work for you. So im assuming you taking about right in the assembly the actually tdc sensor. I'll give it a try.

The other day I tried starting my car and it wouldnt. The lights would just flicker in the dasboard and make click click click sound. No crank at all. Then it tried a few more times and my battery died. I wondering the tdc sensor shouldnt have any affect on the battery should it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.