Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
557 Posts
nasriaz said:
That looks gorgeous. Congrats.
I didn't notice any hood pins on the new hood, you are planning on installing some right? or are you using some other safety measure?
i honestly dont think our hoods would need pins to help hold it. since the front goes down onto the nose, it makes the air press down on the hood, keeping it shut at higher speeds. if the nose part were stationary and it were totally flat like an integra's, then the downforce is limited and too much air is pressing upwards, requiring the pins. thats just my opinion though.

looks great!! i especially like the condensation in the headlight :2cool:

· Registered
1,549 Posts
Yes he could, yet one would run into risk of CF hood becoming loose from the OEM latch, this is due to the substantial weight reduction in the hood that makes it very vulnerable. I would think that despite the hood's extension (down to where the headlights are), it would be just as problematic, because air moving underneath the hood may not be stable at all.

· Registered
4,086 Posts
k

kinda looks like kieth's from the front...

perty!

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm not sure bout the hood pins yet, i drive atleast 108miles a day at 80 miles an hour and it seems fine. But i think i will get some just to be safe. And i was wondering if you would recognize the condensation, u did, haha. I have to take care of that somehow. Haha, i'm soo busy but i will take more pics asap.

Question??? Driving home the other day, i went to spray my windshield washer fluid and realized i didn't have any spray nozzles on my hood, and no spray. Where should the nozzles be mounted, on the hood, on the wipers. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks Nate.

Can't wait till i post more pics and you see how sweet the car is.

· 'hood Garage
3,177 Posts
I know someone who was driving their Leg at about 100mph and the CF hood came off. I just drove to Florida from New York and didn't go above 95 cause I was scared to return with no hood. Put them in. It's just safer.

· legend status
1,680 Posts
nasriaz said:
Nope, thats not condensation and he never mentioned that fact in post#9 above. :rolleyes:
:werd: , i could have sworn people who post in forums know how to read, but i may be wrong...

PS- you're coupe looks real clean man, i'm loving the paint w/ c.f. hood combo! I'm not a fan of the grill, but that's just me! You're car it too clean, i would try to get a clean simple grill to put it all together :D .

· dealer-opted track pack
3,469 Posts
swift said:
kinda looks like kieth's from the front...

perty!
Yo,
No offense meant, but please...
His coupe looks nothing like mine from the front:

I don't care what reason you guys front out of laziness for why the Legend does not require hood pins,
but I will have you know that you are dead wrong--dead when it flies up, smashing your windshield, denting the roof and totaling your car.
Stop being lazy and do the right thing: INSTALL HOOD PINS.
Jesus efffin' christ you people are dim and dangerous.

k.h.

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys, thanks for all the comments, negative and positive, i just like the input!!! I do plan on getting hood pins for my hood, i was just w/out a car for 29 days and i just needed to get it back seeing that i was transferred at work, so i had to rush the bodyshop. And as for the grill, i love how my grill looks, it sets it off from the rest of the car. White car, black hood, white grill, i love it. And as for the condensation in the headlight, it is just about gone, i just gotta find where there is a hole. And i agree w/khoerling, my coupe doesn't look like his, i sure wish it did, i love his. But mine will sure look damn good w/my 19" chromes on it. Still have some things left on my car to do, but looking Great soo far. Anyone know where to mount the windshield washer nozzles when you have a carbon fiber hood, i realize i don't even have spray, haha??? Well i'll talk to you soon guys w/hopefully alot of pics.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.