Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there like anybody in this whole entire forum that is over 25 years old? The LEGEND is quite a powerful car to be putting into the hands of those so young!!! Don't y'all hurt nobody out there!:eek:

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
There are a number of us who are older than 25, but it does seem that there is a larger population of those under 25, and a significant number who are under 21.

--- Oh yeah, this should be in off-topic. :)

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Oh great, not another "age" post.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
HAHAHAA!! I got my first babe at 18 ('91 LS Coupe, MINT before it's end), so yea that may be true. My second one( '95 LS Coupe), at 20. And, may I also add, I had the pleasure of a 740IL then a 740I. So it's not really age dependent. Although...... There's a large number of "kids" driving 91-93 Legends but '94-'94 are rare and I usually see older people driving them, especially the coupes! Too rare here in S. Cali. --=Keith

·
Registered
614 Posts
treena said:
Is there like anybody in this whole entire forum that is over 25 years old? The LEGEND is quite a powerful car to be putting into the hands of those so young!!! Don't y'all hurt nobody out there!:eek:
Ok im offended here.. What makes you think that young people cant drive and that we'll hurt someone. What you should be concerned about are the old people that are driving. We have much better reaction times. I'll admit that sometimes our judgement can be off, and we may not have the experience needed to get out of certain dangerous situations. But i believe a 16 year old is perfectly able to handle a car of this size and power, Or else the law would not permit me to hold a drivers license. Btw i recieved my legend when i was 16 and have yet to get into an accident or recieve a ticket. I have to back my parents cars out for them sometimes because our driveway is very narrow. I see no correlation what so ever between age and driving ability.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Got my G1 when I was 19 from my sister.
Got my G2 when I was 21 from my own hard work.

:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Re: Re: Teen Car? I cant believe it!

Legend95 said:

Ok im offended here.. What makes you think that young people cant drive and that we'll hurt someone. What you should be concerned about are the old people that are driving. We have much better reaction times. I'll admit that sometimes our judgement can be off, and we may not have the experience needed to get out of certain dangerous situations. But i believe a 16 year old is perfectly able to handle a car of this size and power, Or else the law would not permit me to hold a drivers license. Btw i recieved my legend when i was 16 and have yet to get into an accident or recieve a ticket. I have to back my parents cars out for them sometimes because our driveway is very narrow. I see no correlation what so ever between age and driving ability.
there is definite correlation or our insurance companies would be commiting statutory. i promise you us kids drive much worse then experienced 25+ yr old drivers.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
15 here and if i tried driving around a lot of cars i would say that i would praolly hurt someone but not these otehr teens here

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well I'm 18 since last november. Got my Legend (daddy's hand me down) since I had my permit at the age of 16. But what Legend... its still sitting at the shop for over a month still waiting for my bumper. :mad:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
treena said:
30 years old and married here :) I owned 3 G2 Legends though. My first was a 91 L Legend Coupe that I bought when I was 23 years old.

G

·
Re: Re: Re: Teen Car? I cant believe it!

got_horns said:
there is definite correlation or our insurance companies would be commiting statutory. i promise you us kids drive much worse then experienced 25+ yr old drivers.
Well, I just wrote a big long response and then accidentally hit back space with the cursor not in this window so figure out what happend :p. Basically what I said though is, majority of kids do dumb things like get drunk and drive, among other things. There are the few out there though like me that are better drivers than so many adults out there. I drive and see my friends not paying attention to whats on the road at all, and then when they get in the car occasionally I get a comment about how much attention I pay to my driving, I just look at them and laugh, "aren't you supposed to do that," is my usual reply ;). So I take some offense to what whoever started this thread said, but on the other hand I do see where the prejudice comes from. nuf said.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
treena said:
Man, it's not a Supra or RX7... it's a FWD luxury car... if anyone gets into trouble in this car, it's because they're just stupid and can't drive, not that the car is "too much"... I'm 22 by the way, and have quite a history with my Legend, and along with the desire to build track cars, I believe that my Legend has been the best daily driver, period... Long Live LLCC!

(Ok, I'm being patriotic today....)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I originally posted the teen thing and I really think that some of you really need to lighten up just a bit!I did not post to offend anyone. I was merely trying to find out if there were any owners in this forum that were over 25.It was a light hearted comment said in a jesting way!Any one who knows me,knows that that is my nature. I am trying to make friends here not create enemies.For people to be offended,and to tell me that I am jealous of them because they have a LEGEND at such a young age shows obvious immaturity to me. Now...what I would like every one to do is to go back and read my post again,but this time look at it if it were coming from, say, an older friend who says it with a big smile on there face.That is how I meant it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts