Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mechanic that currently works on my civic and he wants to sell his wifes Acura Legend LS light blue, mint condition, garage kept. 1991. This guy specializes in Hondas and Acuras and has put a new engine in the car and has really kept the car up with its maintenance. His background is that he worked for some Honda/Acura dealers here in Dallas.

The odometer readers 152,000 but he replaced the engine with a new engine at 100,000 miles. I test drove the car and it works great he was asking originally 8500.00 but I talked him down to 8000. What do you think is this a good deal or what?

He has worked on my Civic and does good work. I ran a Carfax on this vehicle and nothing it came up clean. Also he sold me a 1991 Honda Accord and I turned around and sold it to my Mom for my little brother and she could not believe how well kept it was. Just want some insider information from some other Acura Legend owners. I hear these cars can run forever.

Oh by the way I did test drive the car and it ran great..

dram102

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think it's great !! You already know that he's great at keeping Acuras up... I'd grab it !!

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Worth 4-5 K max. "new engine" is a bunch of bull. The engine came out of a boneyard, origins unknown.

·
Registered
418 Posts
risk

It is little bit high. did you check the KBB.com? is it fully loaded?

I am guessing here, the car only worth 6000 max...

good luck.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
PSA said:
Worth 4-5 K max. "new engine" is a bunch of bull. The engine came out of a boneyard, origins unknown.
very true!
WHY the HELL would you need to trade out a Legend engine with only 100k?
Sounds like it could be a salvaged vehicle too...be careful.

Remember, in TX, vehicles can be retitled w/o proof of anything being done to the effect...be careful! CarFAx

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
8K is too high, especially with an engine change. I would not even consider the car if I heard it had an engine change done. Look elsewhere. Something better will come up.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I paid $7500 CDN my mint G1 sedan, and don't feel ripped off... It's in AWESOME shape.... The car is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it... How much do you love this particular car ??

LegendZ does bring up a good point, but if you know the guy well enough, he will probably be straight up with you... :)

I like the idea that you could find out about the EXACT way it was maintained !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello I'm new to the forum. I also think that is to high. If you really love the G2 acura legends you will shop around until you find one that you are really sure about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts