Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,
Started my car this morning 5 A.M., turned on the lights and noticed that my temperature control lights were flickering. I thought that maybe my battery was low (not thinking that early in the morning), so I give it some gas, and the lights go out. I didn't have the AC on or anything. 30 sec later, they came back on, but still flickering and flickered all the way to work. Is my temp control going bad or bad connection? Any one else with this problem?

BTW, it is just the lights that light up the buttons......not the temperature gauge itself.

Ghost

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GoldenCoupe said:
Your lights are burning out...just buy some new bulbs and change them out!!
It's that easy?! Cool. I thought that it would be something like my temp cpntrol guage is dying.......that would have been a $200-$300 fix.

Thanks

Ghost

G

·
No, this already happend to me and will eventually happen to everyone else!! The bulbs must be bought at the dealer...and I would recommend replacing all 4 of them just to save time later. They are a bit pricie...almost 6 bucks a bulb! Here's a pic of a new and an old bulb...notice how the old one burned up...

·
Registered
342 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
No, this already happend to me and will eventually happen to everyone else!! The bulbs must be bought at the dealer...and I would recommend replacing all 4 of them just to save time later. They are a bit pricie...almost 6 bucks a bulb! Here's a pic of a new and an old bulb...notice how the old one burned up...
hey! dya have instructions for removal of d control..?..appreciate..
if ya provide,,thanxxxx....

G

·
You must first remove the center wood piece (two screws under the ashtray), remove the radio (two screws connecting to a metal bracket), now through the gaping hole...look up and you will notice two screws that are angled on the top, remove these, this will now let you remove the A/C control and vents. With this removed you will see I think it's 4 little screws on the A/C control remove these, now unsnap the plastic clips holding the control together, you will now see the 4 bulbs on the mother board...these will simply unscrew. Once all is done put everything back together in reverse order...Voila, new lights!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
You must first remove the center wood piece (two screws under the ashtray), remove the radio (two screws connecting to a metal bracket), now through the gaping hole...look up and you will notice two screws that are angled on the top, remove these, this will now let you remove the A/C control and vents. With this removed you will see I think it's 4 little screws on the A/C control remove these, now unsnap the plastic clips holding the control together, you will now see the 4 bulbs on the mother board...these will simply unscrew. Once all is done put everything back together in reverse order...Voila, new lights!!!
thanx, dude!appreciate dat!,ill work on it this wkend....

G

·
Remember this...everything is possible ;) !! That would be cool if you figured something out...I might actually have to look into this!! I think red would be cool...like the RSX, NSX...(just an idea :rolleyes: )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.