Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope this doesn't seem like the infamous headgasket problem?? It wasn't the first time i started my car today and it's hot as hell. but this one time that i did start my car, the temp gauge rose to the top then came back to the middle once i started it. i see no smoke or anything when idiling..any advice? thansk

·
Banned
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
should i get the radiator flushed? i don't think it's a headgasket? at least i hope not!!! i don't see any leaks. the a/c was on, so it might be as described in the first bulletin. anyone else have any ideas? would the radiator flush solve my problem? oh and i was just driving with it and nothing like that happened.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
ive got help right here!!!
just got my car back from the same problem. When it did it the first time i did the coolant bleed and it went away, then it came back and then started running a little high, took it in, it was a bad waterpump. So thats probably your problem. I was at 89,640 anyway, so i needed the 90000 mile change, got the works, tensioners, timing belts etc.
i would guess that this is your problem, expecially if you are over 80000 without the major service

hope i helped
peace
Tnelson

·
Registered
15 Posts
if it keeps happening more frequently and you cant seem to solve the problem, invest in about $60 US and get the leakdown test done - if thats ok then you can breathe a little easier knowing its not the head gasket - a common and expensive problem!!!

I tries everything besides that - wasted a lot of money - only to discover later that it was the head gasket...

Good luck!!!
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.