Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st: My temp needle starts to rise only when im at idle like at a stop light or just chillin talkin to someone. (I guess i have a leak but i never see anything on the driveway or where i park at work)

2nd: Is there anywhere i can buy a low temp thermostat? (i went to Autozone and the guy said thefactory one is already low, 170 degrees, should i get one from they acura of agusta guy?)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Nothing is wrong all cars increase at a stop that I've had. It's because the air is not moving through like when you are driving. I don't think it will be a problem but if it bothers you go for an electric fan front mounted to push the air through when your at a stop. And if you do need something I hear that Acura Augusta is the spot. Peace, Jrock

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I don't know about you, but my temperature needle doesn't move a spec when it reaches normal temp.

I think it's more serious, it could be a leaky radiator which could possibly lead to a blown Head gasket in the near future.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
jrock7791 said:
Whitelegend,It doesn't even move down when your driving?? Well I'm not a certified mechanic so I would just take it to a trustworthy mechanic.
Nope, never moves at all when it gets to operating temp

·
Registered
847 Posts
1. Sounds like you've got air in the cooling system or your AC/Aux fans are out. Check the fan operation, check the thermostat, check the thermo switch(for fans), refill and bleed your cooling system first. If problem still exist, search for the leak. If you can't find the leak, then sorry, probably head gasket...

2. Spoon and Mugen makes lower temp thermostats for Hondas. You should be able to find them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It just doesnt make sence to me cuz it overheats when im still then when i floor it the needle comes back down. Im planning on driving to Canada and i dont me engine to become a ball of metal. When the car is under load its fine. Is the thermostat hard to change by myslef?

·
Registered
847 Posts
if it falls back to normal when you floor the car, then most likely the thermostat is still good. As noted, try bleeding the cooling system first. Sounds like you have air in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts