Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been driving my 95 Legend too much lately, actually only put about 200 miles on it all year and it has been sitting for quite a while but I always start the engine and take it for a quick loop around the neighborhood.....

But today when I was driving and every time I hit the breaks a treacherous loud noise could be heard, now I'm hoping its because the car has just been sitting here in my parking lot or which Im sure it is....I need new brakes & brake rotor pads and the sound I'm hearing is metal on metal.....Either way the car is not hitting the road until I get it fixed up.....Does any1 have any suggestions????? I dont post much at all but each time I have this place has yet to fail me, always great feedback.....

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Could be the metal clips letting you know your pads are low, or if its been sitting, it could just be the contact of the pad on a rusty faced rotor. Try making a series of 2-3 hard stops then 2-3 medium pressure stops and see if it continues. If it does, its likely your pads that are low.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.