Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ... this evning when i went to go pick my legend from the local dealership i test drove a 2003 CL Type S 6 speed. Man! That sh*t was off the hook! I mean WOW! 260 horse power sporty lookng interior and man it is nice! Test drive one when you have the chance!

·
Registered
52 Posts
my favorite is still the tl type s. With headers exhust and intake you can get over 300 hundred horse power. WOw, also you can buy every kind of strut and anti sway bar for it.. wow

It still may not have the style and class of the legend but it is the next best thing.

·
Registered
851 Posts
CL-S 6 speed is certainly fast, faster than the fastest Legend available stock to stock. But, the clutch bothers me a lot with its spring loaded return, man!!!!!!, that's annoying. But not bad, first impression is a good one, solid feel, but not as solid as an M3, hehehee..........

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Alexander said:
CL-S 6 speed is certainly fast, faster than the fastest Legend available stock to stock. But, the clutch bothers me a lot with its spring loaded return, man!!!!!!, that's annoying. But not bad, first impression is a good one, solid feel, but not as solid as an M3, hehehee..........
Alex man, your 93 6speed coupe is rated at 0-60 in 6.3 seconds while the CL-S 6speed is rated at 6.5 :D The fastest stock legend is the 93 6speed coupe :) I believe they got heavier in 94 and 95.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hmmmmmmm really???, hehehee....... never knew about that. Have to wait until some magazine test the CL-S 6 speed. And I think the fastest should be the Legend Coupe L 6-speed 1993, no added weight of the LS, hehehee.............

·
Registered
847 Posts
my biggest question is have they improved the ****ty OE suspension on the TL/CL Type-S?? Also, has the body rigidity improved?? Any where comparable to G35 w/ sports package??

·
Registered
851 Posts
azteklegend said:
What components are the added weight for the LS?
Temperature sensor for the auto climate control and auto climate control unit, powered passanger seat, Bose Amp, more paint for the side skirt, seat heater core, seat heater switch, TCS switch, TCS components, 16" alloys probably, courtesy light switch and controller, do I missed something else???

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Alexander said:

Temperature sensor for the auto climate control and auto climate control unit, powered passanger seat, Bose Amp, more paint for the side skirt, seat heater core, seat heater switch, TCS switch, TCS components, 16" alloys probably, courtesy light switch and controller, do I missed something else???
lol
wood trim in some....
btw, the temp sensor is probably about 150lbs :p

just kidding

but it has been the quicker year for some reason

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think because the later year used different AC routing setup than the 93, and the addition of electonic tilt/telescoping steering wheel, and probably more side impact beam? I don't know since when the regulation begin anyways???

·
Registered
299 Posts
Here are the details (From MSN Carpoint):

Coupe Auto Manual

93 L 3468 3424
93 LS 3494 3446

94 LS 3490

02 CL-S 3525

I don't know why the data was so extensive for the 93, but not for the 94 and CL. I would say the weight is nearly the same for the 93 compared to the 94.

I still think our cars could hold their own against a CL because of the weight, and because our cars will most likely launch better. Pretty nice cars though, if a little cheap looking.

Later,
J520

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Roger said:
assembly line made??? i belive all cars are made this way except bentlys and others in that class
I believe Bentleys are also assembly line made. They are just really slow assembly lines. The only cars I can think of that are not line made are Ferraris and Lamborghinis. Also, Panoz in Georgia.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
they are assembly made if u call the car going though stages in production , but every stage is hand done, the engine assembled by hand on site , the leather hand picked for location and fit ect. they only produce 1500 cars a year.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
vince said:

Also, Panoz in Georgia.
thats one ford i wouldn't mind driving......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts