Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i have a 91 LS stock .. the sound system doesn't output anything at all.. i try hooking it up with the an aftermarket stereo and no sound, i took the amp out and went around town to see if they could " bench " test it to see if it's functional or not.. no one does that stuff..

so my question is. how do i self test it??..

· Registered
1,028 Posts
Amp

Take it to an Acura dealer and have it tested or fixed. There was a recall on the 91-92 Bose amps.

Also there are a few places on-line that repair the faulty amp boards on the inside of the amp enclosure.

Good Luck

:2cool:

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black 91 LS Coupe said:
Take it to an Acura dealer and have it tested or fixed. There was a recall on the 91-92 Bose amps.

Also there are a few places on-line that repair the faulty amp boards on the inside of the amp enclosure.

Good Luck

thank you.. i will call up my local acura dealer for that type of stuff.. hopefully they won't charge me an arm and leg for that stuff....

anyways.. hope you can answer this other quesiton...
while changing the stock radio for an aftermarket Sony.. i had my car running.. after unplugging a few harness.. the dash light went out.. now i can't see the speed or RPM i'm going. anyways. did i blow a fuse?? and if so, i went to the compartment under the driver's wheel for the fuse box.. what should i look for??.. i don't see any fuse that said Dash light or whatever.. can you point me to the right direction??

also.

i got this after market stereo dash kit.. it doesn't even fit.. i know i got the right one. anyways. i got it off Ebay.... anyone here used a dash kit for the stereo??.. let me know where i can get one that's right..

· Registered
1,028 Posts
Amp

The Bose Amp repair is free due to a safety recall. They are not supposed to charge you anything.

As for as the other question about your stereo.....you must have blown a fuse by shorting something out. NEVER work on anything with power, with the car running. You should even disconnect the battery first. If you have an owners manuel, it shows the fuse box identifications. Someone else on this forum has posted pictures of the fuse boxes, do a search. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.