Acura Legend Forum banner

41 - 60 of 159 Posts

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
dont forget about me guys. i have been lurking for a while. in my experience with T-shirts, i find that images on the front are annoying, while images on the back are tolerable. actually, its moreso, you can only have a big image on one side. i stole wyatts t's and reworked it a little. 1) i didnt like how you had the "LonestarLegend" arched upward, but on the bottom, so i put it up on the top. I dont like the way it was written, because it looks like what the illegals have their last name written like, but i didnt change that. and 2) i think we need to rep A-L.com on the shirt, it is where we all met up, so i worked that in too. tell me what you think of the re-worked shirt.

also, something i just noticed that i didnt change, on the one sleeve, its alright to have our name/exec position, but on the other sleeve, do you really need to re-write LSL?

also, the sticker, i was thinking something small that wouldnt distract. but what do you guys think of if i can get my brother (who works at a metal cutting shop) to cut out something like the state of texas with /\ written in it. so it would look like a metal car decal, not a sticker on the window, let me know.

·
Lone Star Legends
614 Posts
lemme just state, the OGs and the VP And P get free shirts, well me and mike are buying them for you guys.
Yeap. I agree the arms and the front are good. The back we will just have to see what it looks like and then take a vote or discuss.
If you guys are buying, what is there to vote for? It will be sweet regardless...

I do like the idea of a metal car club logo...

·
Registered
681 Posts
dont forget about me guys. i have been lurking for a while. in my experience with T-shirts, i find that images on the front are annoying, while images on the back are tolerable. actually, its moreso, you can only have a big image on one side. i stole wyatts t's and reworked it a little. 1) i didnt like how you had the "LonestarLegend" arched upward, but on the bottom, so i put it up on the top. I dont like the way it was written, because it looks like what the illegals have their last name written like, but i didnt change that. and 2) i think we need to rep A-L.com on the shirt, it is where we all met up, so i worked that in too. tell me what you think of the re-worked shirt.

also, something i just noticed that i didnt change, on the one sleeve, its alright to have our name/exec position, but on the other sleeve, do you really need to re-write LSL?

also, the sticker, i was thinking something small that wouldnt distract. but what do you guys think of if i can get my brother (who works at a metal cutting shop) to cut out something like the state of texas with /\ written in it. so it would look like a metal car decal, not a sticker on the window, let me know.
Hey Ike, I like the redone shirt, with the modification(s) you made. Although I would say keep the L.S.L. or replace it with either Acura or an Acura emblem. Thats just what I was thinking. to off set the positon on the other side. I am working us a deal on the t-shirts currently. As for the sticker, I like the size on the current A-L ones like the one Wyatt had. You dont want it to be to small, gotta represent lol. Then again like you said not to big. I personally would rather a window cling or a sticker, just b/c I'm heistant about a metal car decal but definately open to the possiblity, what kind of price would we be looking at though?

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
the cost of the mats to make it would be all, not any overhead to pay since he will design the part off what i give him and then make it at the shop without having to pay his boss anything. ill ask him what he can do, what the cost of the mats would be and what not.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

Good redo ike! Yea i didnt like the font either, does looked ghetto, but its a rough draft. I just like the cursive writing cause its classy, like the Legend! haha

I agree about the front, i kinda like the big text but the peck design is good as well. maybe we keep the big text, and put Acura-Legend.com on the sleeve oposite the name.

i wanna see what you mean by metal decal...i dont understand, i would be happy with just LoneStarLegends sticker about the size of the A-L.com one i have now. Ill need to see a example of this metal decal before i ok it! haha ill have to act like bush and pull out my Veto stick!

If you guys are buying, what is there to vote for? It will be sweet regardless...

I do like the idea of a metal car club logo...
haha, b/c we want all of our members to be satisfied with the best possible shirt.

Wes, BTW you screwed up the sig, michaels is nex to mine, Bussinessman07(jeremy) is the gold sedan, and Jimmys is the black with JDMs. hahaha just thought youd like to get the names right.

Hey Ike, I like the redone shirt, with the modification(s) you made. Although I would say keep the L.S.L. or replace it with either Acura or an Acura emblem. Thats just what I was thinking. to off set the positon on the other side. I am working us a deal on the t-shirts currently. As for the sticker, I like the size on the current A-L ones like the one Wyatt had. You dont want it to be to small, gotta represent lol. Then again like you said not to big. I personally would rather a window cling or a sticker, just b/c I'm heistant about a metal car decal but definately open to the possiblity, what kind of price would we be looking at though?
yea, what he said, we need an example! ahah

·
Registered
681 Posts
hahaha, i was just about to message wes, and let him know that the names were off, newho yeah, I like the t-shirt design as above, the only thing I would do is change the fonts, and I'm gonna go prolly sometime today/tonite and get a book on t-shirt fonts and talk about a deal.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
hahaha, i was just about to message wes, and let him know that the names were off, newho yeah, I like the t-shirt design as above, the only thing I would do is change the fonts, and I'm gonna go prolly sometime today/tonite and get a book on t-shirt fonts and talk about a deal.
haha yea, i was like, THATS NOT RIGHT! haha Yea man, do you have a scanner? you should scan a good font in. The front font needs to stay the same since its Acura Font! ahah but the back font needs to change, and im partial about the sleeve font, its simple and easy to read, lets try to keep that simple at least

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yeap I have a scanner, so when I go alittle bit later, Ill scan and upload the t-shirt fonts, and I'm going to two different t-shirt companies that I use.

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
http://www.collegegear.com/sf/stores/product_images/163044-x.jpg

heres an image of it on a car:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/reazh/car/myride.jpg

i know you have seen these on cars on campus. it goes like on the trunk where acura and legend are written. you might need to sacrifice the "Acura" on the left side for it, or replace the /\ if we get that put into the state of texas, or just figure out a place to put it on the car. i figure just once you get it, play with it on where looks best.

but i was thinking about it, most of those decals are plastic with metal flakes pressed onto it (learned about them on How It's Made on discovery channel), so i will look further into them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
cool deal, get quotes for about 20 to 25 shirts.
Sounds good, Ill quote for that amount then see what kind of deal I can get. I know I can pull some strings:p

i know you have seen these on cars on campus. it goes like on the trunk where acura and legend are written. you might need to sacrifice the "Acura" on the left side for it, or replace the /\ if we get that put into the state of texas, or just figure out a place to put it on the car. i figure just once you get it, play with it on where looks best.

but i was thinking about it, most of those decals are plastic with metal flakes pressed onto it (learned about them on How It's Made on discovery channel), so i will look further into them.
Yeah, not sure about sacrificing my current decals lol, i had one stolen and had to buy a new one a long time ago. crazy ppl. steal jaguar emblems lol. but yeah I still think we should do window clings or stickers, as another option to throw in with the decals

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

meh, i dont like that. i would want to just have a decal rather than a emblem. im wantin to put this decal on the window in white letters, so ill have to veto that idea. but if more than 2/3 of the rest of members vote for it, it can overturn my veto.

·
Lone Star Legends
614 Posts
Wes, BTW you screwed up the sig, michaels is nex to mine, Bussinessman07(jeremy) is the gold sedan, and Jimmys is the black with JDMs. hahaha just thought youd like to get the names right.
Dangit! I couldn't remember a couple, so I just made it up. I'll fix that right now! Thanks. I got mine and your right though...gotta make the prez happy!!!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Dangit! I couldn't remember a couple, so I just made it up. I'll fix that right now! Thanks. I got mine and your right though...gotta make the prez happy!!!
haha, i gotta keep my peeps happy right?! dont want people getting frustrated, thats how revolutions are born!

and its too bad Lanes sedan is hiding behind Jimmys car! ahah

·
Registered
681 Posts
meh, i dont like that. i would want to just have a decal rather than a emblem. im wantin to put this decal on the window in white letters, so ill have to veto that idea. but if more than 2/3 of the rest of members vote for it, it can overturn my veto.
the VP backs you up on that one. thats why i keep saying the window clings or stickers

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
it was just an idea seeing as i thought the original sticker idea would look like :

http://www.norulesriders.com/Merch_Photos/MERCH22_20051128105852_311_1.jpg[/IG]

but if its going to be small like the A-L.com decal, im okay with that. (wow, firefox doesnt recognize ok, okay, or firefox....)[/QUOTE]

Yea it was good sugestion ill admit, but yea, its not gonna be a huge decal like that or the AchOlolicks one, just a 15" x 2" banner with just a name. i would put on on the front windshield centered on the tint, and one on the back window along the top centered.

·
Registered
681 Posts
o yeah, tons smaller, thats crazy large

·
Lone Star Legends
614 Posts
Fixed...better?

41 - 60 of 159 Posts