Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I had to post about this sudden misuse of a word. If I hear one more person stick an -ed ending on it to say such phrases as, "I texted her the answers" or "She texted and told me she like me" The word you are looking for is send (aka, sent) "I sent her a text of the answers" I can understand using it in a text message (on rare occasions) but for the love of god, stop saying it aloud!!!!

</vent>

·
Registered
321 Posts
...and "Literally" should NOT be used for emphasis. I've seen several people misuse that word alot lately.

·
Registered
37 Posts
94LCoupe said:
Haha, it is all slang. Just how "ed" is added at the end of some words. Like "throwed" or "gayed."
it's true.. it is all slang.. but even the word slang has a very loose definition now. people seem to just be making up words left and right, or just using horrible english and passing it off as "slang". it's a little sad really.. take for instance the word "cool". there have been numerous synonyms for that.. "cold", "ice-cold", "raw", "off the chain", "hot" etc etc.. seriously, you could go around calling something that you think looks nice, or is interesting, "flubber", or even make up a word, "damn that thing is arfanagun" (sorry, it's late, i got two papers to throw together, some econ homework, and two finals tomorrow and my brain is just everywhere).. and if you use it enough and get others to use it soon too will be considered slang.

okay yeah, i think i need a break... :werd:

·
Premium Member
9,314 Posts
ecks_wan said:
it's true.. it is all slang.. but even the word slang has a very loose definition now. people seem to just be making up words left and right, or just using horrible english and passing it off as "slang". it's a little sad really.. take for instance the word "cool". there have been numerous synonyms for that.. "cold", "ice-cold", "raw", "off the chain", "hot" etc etc.. seriously, you could go around calling something that you think looks nice, or is interesting, "flubber", or even make up a word, "damn that thing is arfanagun" (sorry, it's late, i got two papers to throw together, some econ homework, and two finals tomorrow and my brain is just everywhere).. and if you use it enough and get others to use it soon too will be considered slang.

okay yeah, i think i need a break... :werd:
:werd: up ice-cold homey G raw skillet pimp-o-matic slang masta ecks :bowdown: :2cool:
:giggle: :giggle:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.