Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the chance to have it installed. As promised, I am posting back to report the A-pipe I bought from eBay seems to fit the car well (at least the mechanic did not complain). It came with three gaskets, no bolts or studs. The price is $110.00 including shipping. My car is a 1990 Coupe L. Here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=2480493334&category=33630&sspagename=WD1V

One annoying thing is the seller is slow to ship and never repsonse to my emails. So I am not really hoping too much on the provided '5 year warranty'.
Finally I can bring the car to state inspection, which was already expired last month.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey Masupra, thanks for the update... I have been away for a couple of weeks, had to go to Florida (Naples area) on business... Saw some really nice G2's out there, but not one G1...

Masupra, did you get it installed at a Midas or a Mieneke? How much did they charge? And was it noticibly more quiet after it was installed? Mine is so loud it is driving me crazy...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Polarican90L said:
Hey Masupra, thanks for the update... I have been away for a couple of weeks, had to go to Florida (Naples area) on business... Saw some really nice G2's out there, but not one G1...

Masupra, did you get it installed at a Midas or a Mieneke? How much did they charge? And was it noticibly more quiet after it was installed? Mine is so loud it is driving me crazy...
I had it installed by an independent shop. They charged $80. I called another independent muffler shop, and they quoted the same price. I did not try Midas or Meineke; had some serious ripoff by a Midas when I knew nothing about cars so I guess I'll never go back to them, and tell everyone I know not to go :D
Yeah the car is much much quieter, now it sounds just like any normal quiet car you would see on road. Before that the hole on the pipe made the noise to an almost unbearable level, not to mention I have to keep the ventilation off all the time to stop the poisonous gas from getting into the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.