Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone or has anyone gotten a new Acura emblem or the letters ( L E G E N D) without having to go to the dealer? I went over to the dealership this afternoon and he must have mistaken me for either a Rap star, or some sports star, maybe even a drug dealer. but he wanted $185 for a gold plated emblem, and $65 per letter. I know somebody can tell me how I can get around these clowns.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Try another dealer. I think here in Hawaii, which is one of the more expensive dealers, they wanted about $75 for the LEGEND lettering accross the center of the 94-95 trunks. That was for the silver though, but I can't believe the gold cost that much more.

·
Registered
282 Posts
do even make the letters to spell out "ACURA"? why dont you just use the smaller acura logo given to you on the back of your legend and move it down toward the center?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rquest77 said:
do even make the letters to spell out "ACURA"? why dont you just use the smaller acura logo given to you on the back of your legend and move it down toward the center?
That would sound cool too, but back in 94, I saw this guy that had 1- 1/4" Legend letters spaced across the trunk right between the lights and it just stood out, I mean he was realy reppin' that ride to let everyone know what he was driving. I told myself if I ever got one I would do the same.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ChrisK said:
Try another dealer. I think here in Hawaii, which is one of the more expensive dealers, they wanted about $75 for the LEGEND lettering accross the center of the 94-95 trunks. That was for the silver though, but I can't believe the gold cost that much more.
Was that $75 per letter or for the whole thing? ..Holla Back

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Another place to look is car junkyards. I believe you can also take the lettering from a G1 coupe if i'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
93 Posts
rquest77 said:
The acura emblem that comes on the car is too small for the back so you get the one from the TL, RL, CL and you can adjust the spacing and the letters are big like the ones that say LEGEND.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a set of emblems that I bought from an Acura TL owner that says "ACURA" across the trunk in chrome. I never used them and they're practically brand new. $30 shipped to your door if you want it.

Email me @ [email protected]

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
whiplash9001 said:

Was that $75 per letter or for the whole thing? ..Holla Back
For the whole set. But again, that was for the silver, but I still can't believe the gold one would cost that much more. Maybe they are quoting you for the entire gold package that includes the Center A emblem for the fornt and rear, the LEGEND letters on the center trunk, the ACURA name on the left corner trunk, and the antenna nut.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ChrisK said:

For the whole set. But again, that was for the solilver, but I still can't believe the gold one would cost that much more. Maybe they are quoting you for the entire gold package that includes the Center A emblem for the fornt and rear, the LEGEND letters on the center trunk, the ACURA name on the left corner trunk, and the antenna nut.
Oh no, my friend, the hearing on this kid is pretty clear......He quoted me $185 just for the Acura emblem itself, because he claimed it was real gold plated......The (LEGEND) letters were $75 per letter. I told him I may look a little like Charles Barkley but I definitely don't have his money.

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
I have the set of six letters (L-E-G-E-N-D) They have the gold plating on them but they are pretty worn( But still very much useable) I removed them for a 94 coupe trunk lid I added to my 93 coupe. My car did not come with gold trim so I have to look for the silver letterings. I know a place on the net I can order the letters at 8.28 dollars a letter (silver).

E-mail me if interested in buying the gold letters. I should be able to take a pick of them on spring break coz I have booked a digital camera during that time. ( March -11th-15th)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SammyD said:
I have a set of emblems that I bought from an Acura TL owner that says "ACURA" across the trunk in chrome. I never used them and they're practically brand new. $30 shipped to your door if you want it.

Hey Sammy, Good lookin out, but I wanted to spell out Legend and I really need them in gold. Appreciate the help Dawg.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AzLSCoupe said:
I have the set of six letters (L-E-G-E-N-D) They have the gold plating on them but they are pretty worn( But still very much useable) I removed them for a 94 coupe trunk lid I added to my 93 coupe. My car did not come with gold trim so I have to look for the silver letterings. I know a place on the net I can order the letters at 8.28 dollars a letter (silver).

E-mail me if interested in buying the gold letters. I should be able to take a pick of them on spring break coz I have booked a digital camera during that time. ( March -11th-15th)
I'll take them off your hands if you want to part with them...Maybe I can find somebody hook 'em up for me....just give me a price and we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you have oxidized letters or emblems, is it possible to get them replated by somebody?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jason520 said:
If you have oxidized letters or emblems, is it possible to get them replated by somebody?
That was my first thought, but to this very day I haven't found anybody who does, at least in this area.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts