Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've had my Legend for about 3 months now, so the other day I noticed this guy with an OEM remote alarm system for his 95 sedan(or so he said it was OEM) I told him that I got my coupe at an auction and I didn't get the remote for the alarm. I didn't even realize they had one. So I'm thinking maybe I need to go to the dealer to ask about how to get one for my vehicle(Big Mistake). The service guy looked at me as if I was Nino Brown , and said that he would have to virtually take off the front end to check what he said was the "BRAIN" and get the numbers, and said all this would cost me in the $285 - $350. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so is there an easier way to get to this without forking over my hard earned "drug & pimp money" to these clowns at the DEALERSHIP(The Real Hustlers)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
whiplash9001 said:
Ok, I've had my Legend for about 3 months now, so the other day I noticed this guy with an OEM remote alarm system for his 95 sedan(or so he said it was OEM) I told him that I got my coupe at an auction and I didn't get the remote for the alarm. I didn't even realize they had one. So I'm thinking maybe I need to go to the dealer to ask about how to get one for my vehicle(Big Mistake). The service guy looked at me as if I was Nino Brown , and said that he would have to virtually take off the front end to check what he said was the "BRAIN" and get the numbers, and said all this would cost me in the $285 - $350. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so is there an easier way to get to this without forking over my hard earned "drug & pimp money" to these clowns at the DEALERSHIP(The Real Hustlers)?
What up lash, did you go to the dealership on rt 40 in Ellicott city. I went to school with this guy Sam Somariba that I know worked there. If you go on the sales side, tell him you know "Skinny" (Yeah, that's what they used to call me:) ) If he's still there, he might be able to hook you up. I personally would go with an aftermarket alarm and get the remote starter too if you can. I know it's warm there right now, but I remember those cold a$$ b-more winters every now and then, so beat that and beat the hot a$$ summer heat with a remote starter. PEACE to the EAST!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: The Brain Issue

pYmpdaddi said:

What up lash, did you go to the dealership on rt 40 in Ellicott city. I went to school with this guy Sam Somariba that I know worked there. If you go on the sales side, tell him you know "Skinny" (Yeah, that's what they used to call me:) ) If he's still there, he might be able to hook you up. I personally would go with an aftermarket alarm and get the remote starter too if you can. I know it's warm there right now, but I remember those cold a$$ b-more winters every now and then, so beat that and beat the hot a$$ summer heat with a remote starter. PEACE to the EAST!!!
Lol..I sure will see Rt 40 Friday......This joint up in Cockeysville is definitley not the spot to ask for anything for my Coupe. Think I might hop ver to CarMax and look into that Lo-Jack system my boy keeps stressing me to get. If I do see Sam I'll holla for you..."Skinny"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Re: Re: Re: The Brain Issue

whiplash9001 said:


Lol..I sure will see Rt 40 Friday......This joint up in Cockeysville is definitley not the spot to ask for anything for my Coupe. Think I might hop ver to CarMax and look into that Lo-Jack system my boy keeps stressing me to get. If I do see Sam I'll holla for you..."Skinny"
Yeah Dogg, anywhere near Towson and Greenspring they gonna look at you like Nino Brown LOL! :D Come out to Cali man... it's TIGHT LIKE DAT!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Brain Issue

pYmpdaddi said:

Yeah Dogg, anywhere near Towson and Greenspring they gonna look at you like Nino Brown LOL! :D Come out to Cali man... it's TIGHT LIKE DAT!!!
Been and done L.A. many a day when I was in the military, got to have my 4 seasons.......you know the winter months the Honeys need somebody to keep them warm;) When was the last time you were here? You know Frank-Ski does his simulcast from the ATL on his station here in B-More. and he's back down Hammerjacks with the Louie - Louie thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,106 Posts
The Acura OEM keyless entry like all Acura options and accessories was dealer installed. The OEM system only works the locks. The unit is a plug-in system and sells at discount for approx. $230. You can install it yourself in about 40 min. If an OEM system was previously installed, first look under the LT lower dash panel (under and to the LT of the steering wheel) to see if there are two plastic caps (mine are blk) about 2 inches apart located at the lower edge of the panel. The OEM receiver is affixed at this location. If you find the caps, then you need to remove the panel in order to inspect the unit for its serial number. You can then order replacement transmitters.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top