Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know (well some of you anyway), I totalled my 88 G1 early sunday morning by using the remote start when it was in gear.

The insurance company has reported back that it is indeed totalled, and that they will pay the full amount for the book value + whatever recent work has been done. ~$3500...

So, I am currently searching for a replacement. I only want a Legend, as I have become quite attached to these cars. If anyone here knows of someone or has seen one or is selling theres, please shoot me an email or post somthing here about it. I would like to take my time to find the perfect car, but time is of the essence. My Insurance will only cover the rental for 2 weeks, and then im out a car.

On a side note, providing that I can have the car towed back here where I can have access to it, I woulld me more than happy to part it out to you all. Damage includes the front left fender, bumper, hood, radiator, and possibly more under the hood. Everything else is very clean and in good working order. I can't give the go-ahead yet, so don't go bonkers with parts requests. I will post here when and if I get the legend to my house.

Thanks so much

[email protected]

Pete

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would really be interested in the remote car starter as I think it will be going very cheap :)

Seriously though so sorry about your loss , I just bought my first Acura & was debating getting a Remote car starter for it, I think I can go without now. Good luck in your search, I have seen a few nice ones for sale in here recently, just depends on your location.

·
Registered
94 Posts
coupe or sedan? what color interior? if its a coupe with tan interior how much are you willin to part all the leather seats for? what condition are they in? oh and i need the main power window switches on the driver side...my windows aren't working...i've changed the catridge but that wasn't the problem and now i'm thinking that it might be the switches....so yeah...thanks in advance.

p.s. try ebay....they've always got legends for sale...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am getting around $3500 back from the insurance company. I absolutley love a G2 coupe, but I will see how much extra I would have to throw in.

My car is an 88 Coupe 5 Speed Base Model. Gold exterior, tan cloth interior. As I said before, I can't make any promises on the parts until I find out when and if I can get it back here.

FutureX 2001: I am looking for a Coupe only, prefferably an 88 or later. I am in Delaware..where have you seen the ones near you?

Thanks again

Pete

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I just found out that I can't keep the car, since they are paying me the value of it, which makes sense. Sorry guys :(

Anyway, I am still on the hunt...any help?

Pete

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
i got a 89 G1 coupe in Boston that I'd sell to you for $1500.
It's gold, automatic, and cloth interior (base model)...

It has cosmetic issues (rust, interior could use detailing), I'd even drive it down to you, if you wanted.

I can send u emails of pics, and this can be done ASAP.
And you can use the rest of the $$$ for paint job, or just pocket it.

Base model 1989 Legend coupe.
Rust spots on front left fender (new fender costs $100), and it has a Clifford alarm installed and so forth.
190k miles.

TOTALLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY RELIABLE, IN TERMS OF ENGINE AND TRANNY. Timing belt + Water pump done last year. You cant even hear the car when it's on. Let me know..

Let me know, I'll do whatever to unload this car.

-Jose

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I was actually thinking about you jose when I started this post :)

I will let you know soon, and so you know, boston --> wilmington, DE is about a 8 hour trip or so...but that would be fantastic if you could drive it to me.

give me your email and we can discuss this in private, or drop me one.

Also, include pics in your email if possible :)

[email protected]

AIM: JimmiThing40

Pete

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sorry to hear that Pete

Where is your location? YOu know the biggiest mistake is rushing a Car Sale!! I will hunt for you. I hunted for my legends until I got the one I am happy with. so....... do not rush it. I am sure with the money you can find a great deal!

I still want a Remote Start. I never leave my car in gear.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Sorry to hear that Pete

TALRUDEBOY said:
Where is your location? YOu know the biggiest mistake is rushing a Car Sale!! I will hunt for you. I hunted for my legends until I got the one I am happy with. so....... do not rush it. I am sure with the money you can find a great deal!

I still want a Remote Start. I never leave my car in gear.
Yea I understand about rushing the buy, but I really need one soon. Jose offered me his 88, which is a great deal, but a lot miles, so I will consider that...

However, I will gladly buy your 89 from you :)

BTW, I am in Wilmington, DE, about 2 hours south of NYC.

Pete

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I love Legends. besides I thinj I want to Rock 2 legends like Jose

G1 AND G2

LS G1 LS G2 COPUES STICK OF COURSE (6 SPEED OF COURSE)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
TALRUDEBOY was a big help to me last night. He helped me out with all kinds of searches and stuff.

Right now I have 3 prospects:

- An 89 base auto, 190k (Jose's), $1500

- An 89 'L' 5 speed, loaded, 108k, $3700

- A 92 'L' auto, loaded, 140k (Andy's) , $5400

Feel free to email me or post a message here if you are selling!

I have around $4k to spend, and maybe more depending on whether or not I get a loan in addition to the insurance money.

Pete

·
Registered
703 Posts
Pete said:

FutureX 2001: I am looking for a Coupe only, prefferably an 88 or later.
Pete
What's wrong with an '87 coupe? It's exactly the same as an '88 except the oil filter.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Eric F said:

What's wrong with an '87 coupe? It's exactly the same as an '88 except the oil filter.
If I find an 87 coupe that I like with low miles, I will buy. Its just that 86-87 tend to have a lot of miles on them.

Pete

·
Registered
703 Posts
They are out there. I found my '87 2 years ago with 129k miles for $900. It needed a little bit of front end body work, but the interior was above average and it was mechanically sound.

Good luck on your search for a new Legend.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea they are deffentely out there, its just a question of where...and I don't really have a lot of time to noodle around looking for the perfect car. I have a rental for 2 weeks, then its on me.

Thanks for your encouragment though :)

Pete

·
Registered
68 Posts
i would be interested in your manual transmission, if it can fit a 89 automatic i was thinking of making the transmission switch......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts