Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Every since I painted my front calipers and rotors my brakes been mostly making this funny sound. Would buffing the calipers with a wire buffer to clean the rust off them do some damage to the calipers structurally?

So far the brakes performance wise is fine with Powerslots but there was a slight improvement. I honestly feel that when I put on my new brembos on the back, it made a great deal of stopping power. I can't wait to put on my brembos for the front, but in the meantime, this wheezing is making me concerned.

When it came time to paint, my friends told me to paint the OEM rotors since I was gonna eventually replace w/ the Powerslots. I think driving on the painted and clearcoated rotors immediately warped the OEM rotors b/c it caused the wheel to shimming badly and vibrate when I brake.

When I replaced w/ the Powerslots the problem still didn't go away, so I found out that I had to replace a wheel bearing hub on the front passenger side b/c it make a clicking sound, now there's a wheezing sound coming from the front left I think. The shop guys can't determine what might it be. Any suggestions?

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Any ideas? Oh well, just don't paint your calipers w/o covering your rotors and suspension parts i guess.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Ok, buddy...I was off in Legend Land yesterday.....so here goes...

WHEN you paint your calipers, there are several places that need to be covered with electrical tape or some kind of protectant.

On the front caliper you may notice several sets of holes near the Nissin. These are vents. If you paint this, you will cause your described prob. Cover w/ tape. About 3 inches below that, is another set of vents...do the same there.

On the rear, you have smaller vents, but in almost the same place...repeat this process....then no more overheated rotors....

trust me drilled ARE the way to go!

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, I didn't remember seeing any holes except for the brake fluid plug. Lemme go back and see, your saying tho, that these vent holes are near the pads? Are they easily viewable?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
no, if you are looking at the caliper (let's say the right side), and its turned full to the left, you will be looking at the rear/TOP side of the caliper....Here you should see two holes on the top, in an indentation on the caliper. Now, below that, is one very similar to that as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts