Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Soon to be BOOSTED!
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "Go All Out" 3.5 Swap w/6 Speed Tranny List, Prices, and Teaser Pics Thread!!!

Let me start off by saying that if anyone here plans on doing a 3.5 swap with a 6 speed and is wanting to go all out and do it right, please make sure you have the bank to back up your ideas or else you will be seiously disaponited after making just a few purchases. I have been keeping track of everything that has been spent towards this now 3 month project and I got to say...GOD DAMN!! I almost fell over once I got the figure. I'll let you do the math.

I am usually a smart shopper when it comes to buying parts. I search for the good deals so I would say that these prices are what most of you will encounter, that is if you plan to put your money where your mouth is and mod your Legend to the max!

I am just about to wrap up my project and I got to tell you, I cant wait until it is over. Its pure torture not being able to drive my baby, seeing it sit so sadly in the driveway stripped naked!

As you will notice, I bought two 3.5 motors, the first one I stripped down to send the heads in for work, never protected the block from moisture like an ass and next thing I know my cylinder walls are rusted out.:( Cheapest solution...buy another engine!:yes:

-1st 3.5L Motor (78K miles)- $550 (local yard)
-2nd 3.5L Motor (67K miles)- $400 (local yard)
-6 Speed Tranny w/ all associated parts - $700 shipped (forum member)
-Custom Engine Mount - ??? (Jkurl)
-New OEM Water Pump- $63 shipped (ebay)
-Stromung Exhaust - $450 (Stromung, or contact mellowfellow for a GB price)
-Stromung B-Pipe - $130
-OBX Headers - $320 (forum member) Lucky me!!
-High Flow Cat - $62 shipped (ebay)
-Comp Springs - $75 (Comp)
-Type II Cams - $150
-WEB Cam Regrinds - $350 (Got an ok deal through hybirdlegend with WEB)
-Cylinder Head Job - $1000
-Extrude Honed Intake Maifold - $350 (vs the $750 as advertised) Gethoned.com
-3.5 Custom Drive Pully - $175 (Tellion)
-225LPH Walbro Fuel Pump - $100 shipped (ebay)
-Short Ram Intake Kit - $35 shipped (ebay)
-Throttle body bore service - $100 shipped (MaxBore.com)
-AEM EMS -$1200 (forum member)
-Powder Coated Valve Covers (Candy Red Biatches!) - $100 (Boneheadperformance.com)
-Powder Coated Intake Manifold - $65
-Case of Royal Purple Motor Oil - $80 (ebay)
-New Modine Radiator w/ misc. hoses, oil filter - $165 shipped
-Manual Guage Cluster - $55 shipped (ebay)
-OEM Clucth Master and Slave Cylinder - $160 shipped (Some Online Acura Dealer)
-OEM Head Gasket Set w/ Timing Belt and Little Belt- $500 shipped (DCH Acura in Cali)
-Acura NSX Light Weight Pully - $185 (Keep your fingers crossed with this one)
-Spark Plugs - Still Need To Purchase
-Legend or NSX Spec Clutch - SNTP
-Labor - Rough Idea

Here are a few teaser pics..

Next on my list for the next few weeks is some 19's and a fresh paint job.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
GREAT GOOGLEY MOOGLY, that is going to be superbad! I can't wait. Awesome job. loving the powdercoating work

·
Soon to be BOOSTED!
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, this will also be the first 3.5 GS 6 Speed with a JDM Navi console and a functional e-brake!:boink:

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
holy smokes emaculate....damn you're on a mission!

is working on your car your FULL TIME JOB OR WHAT? :) lol

·
KA8 Legend Killer
452 Posts
I wish I had the $$ to do that

·
Soon to be BOOSTED!
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
holy smokes emaculate....damn you're on a mission!

is working on your car your FULL TIME JOB OR WHAT? :) lol
I really wish it was because a few hours at a time on the weekends just wont cut it.

coming along nice sean... i pray you get all of this done in time for the meet be i really wanna see it
Dont worry, if you want to see the ride you better be at the meet!

Thanks for all the complimets guys, this has been a dream of mine since 11th grade so now that I have graduated from college and have a good job I figured I would treat myself to one of the badest Legends around.

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
well you are def on your way...just looked at this thread again with my gf

your car's gonna be a beast!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
WOW!!! i didnt realize you were doing all that work to the engine. that really is gonna be one of the nicest legends around.

what i like most about it is that you legend is exactly what mine would be if i had the money. you have the same taste as i do.

cant wait for the finished pics, and videos :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Damn dude, you pretty much mirrored me. Course... I may be adding a few things in the mix now. I was debating doing the NSX computer and something else....

Now I guess I just have to. ;)

·
Soon to be BOOSTED!
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well you are def on your way...just looked at this thread again with my gf

your car's gonna be a beast!
What did you girl think? lol...My girl is sick and tired of me working on my car and spending all this cheda!

how'd you keep your e-brake with the jdm console?
As long as everything is tested and works out I will explain. I just want to be sure before I give out info.

WOW!!! i didnt realize you were doing all that work to the engine. that really is gonna be one of the nicest legends around.

what i like most about it is that you legend is exactly what mine would be if i had the money. you have the same taste as i do.

cant wait for the finished pics, and videos :)
Thanks! Pics and maybe some vids to come soon.

·
AKA Carlton I3anks
2,581 Posts
wow....VERY impressive Sean, cant wait to see that car at the meet. And as always AS SOOOON as shes done we need dyno numbers ASAP!!

·
Renaissance.
3,001 Posts
1) Don't use the Lord's name in vain.
2) VERY nice!!! :thumbsup:
3) If you're using the spray to paint your carpet like I did w/the scotchguard it's fading, so you should dye it if you can (I picked it up the RIT and the kiddie pool last week). Might as well do it while it's out.
4) Are you going to get in on the aluminum pulley buy?

·
AKA Carlton I3anks
2,581 Posts
Let me start off by saying that if anyone here plans on doing a 3.5 swap with a 6 speed and is wanting to go all out and do it right, please make sure you have the bank to back up your ideas or else you will be seiously disaponited after making just a few purchases. I have been keeping track of everything that has been spent towards this now 3 month project and I got to say...GOD DAMN!! I almost fell over once I got the figure. I'll let you do the math.

I am usually a smart shopper when it comes to buying parts. I search for the good deals so I would say that these prices are what most of you will encounter, that is if you plan to put your money where your mouth is and mod your Legend to the max!

I am just about to wrap up my project and I got to tell you, I cant wait until it is over. Its pure torture not being able to drive my baby, seeing it sit so sadly in the driveway stripped naked!

As you will notice, I bought two 3.5 motors, the first one I stripped down to send the heads in for work, never protected the block from moisture like an ass and next thing I know my cylinder walls are rusted out.:( Cheapest solution...buy another engine!:yes:

-1st 3.5L Motor (78K miles)- $550 (local yard)
-2nd 3.5L Motor (67K miles)- $400 (local yard)
-6 Speed Tranny w/ all associated parts - $700 shipped (forum member)
-Custom Engine Mount - ??? (Jkurl)
-New OEM Water Pump- $63 shipped (ebay)
-Stromung Exhaust - $450 (Stromung, or contact mellowfellow for a GB price)
-Stromung B-Pipe - $130
-OBX Headers - $320 (forum member) Lucky me!!
-High Flow Cat - $62 shipped (ebay)
-Comp Springs - $75 (Comp)
-Type II Cams - $150
-WEB Cam Regrinds - $350 (Got an ok deal through hybirdlegend with WEB)
-Cylinder Head Job - $1000
-Extrude Honed Intake Maifold - $350 (vs the $750 as advertised) Gethoned.com
-3.5 Custom Drive Pully - $175 (Tellion)
-225LPH Walbro Fuel Pump - $100 shipped (ebay)
-Short Ram Intake Kit - $35 shipped (ebay)
-Throttle body bore service - $100 shipped (MaxBore.com)
-AEM EMS -$1200 (forum member)
-Powder Coated Valve Covers (Candy Red Biatches!) - $100 (Boneheadperformance.com)
-Powder Coated Intake Manifold - $65
-Case of Royal Purple Motor Oil - $80 (ebay)
-New Modine Radiator w/ misc. hoses, oil filter - $165 shipped
-Manual Guage Cluster - $55 shipped (ebay)
-OEM Clucth Master and Slave Cylinder - $160 shipped (Some Online Acura Dealer)
-OEM Head Gasket Set w/ Timing Belt and Little Belt- $500 shipped (DCH Acura in Cali)
-Acura NSX Light Weight Pully - $185 (Keep your fingers crossed with this one)
-Spark Plugs - Still Need To Purchase
-Legend or NSX Spec Clutch - SNTP
-Labor - Rough Idea

Here are a few teaser pics..

Next on my list for the next few weeks is some 19's and a fresh paint job.
Sean is your intake manny painted or powder coated? I thought bout powder coating mine but just decided to powder coat my valve covers, I think the intake manifold would look better like how i have mine.

:yumyum:

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
for your e brake, are you going to be using a linear actuator? Also what are you using on your carpet? I tried the rit dye, but my mats faded to a maroon. I may try the kiddie pool approach to give the carpet a base, but i think after it dries it may be beneficial to try the duplicolor paint over it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice Work (in progress)! I cant wait to see a video of it when you have it running and at the strip. I wont be able to do anything like this until im 26! I'm so envious right now...

1 - 20 of 118 Posts