Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it seems that at my school my days are numbered, people have gotten used to the fact that i have a legend, although still praise it from time to time, but to make matters worst my boy's ex-girlfriend just got her new car: 2003 Infiniti G35. now i mean it would be all good since we're friends right? wrong, her and i have been on bad terms ever since i hooked up with her sister, and now all i hear is "**** dude, you'd get smoked, stay away from her car on the street" and "her car is sweet man, i wanna drive it/ride in it" blah blah etc. all in all, i am pretty pissed off. i'm used to being top dogg now what? but you know what y'all? the tables will turn once again, just wait till i get my GS400...peace y'all :D

·
Five- O
857 Posts
If only life was still so simple :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Back when I went to high school we looked up to the kids driving Yugos. Relax, not many people your age are lucky enough to drive a luxury car as nice as a LEGEND!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Imagine driving an old school VW golf GT that was ten years older then even the poorest kids car, this was highschool for me. I always had my little red car lookin kleeeen and tight, but of course everybody had Z28s, 300e's, Maxima's and Legends. Even on its best day it was no question whos car did'nt get respect. I got tired of that so I bought an Explorer. Guess what it was a 93, and people had allready moved on to 95 up or Mountaineers, not even to mention Discoverys. I was about to get rid of that and Get a Wrangler Renegade,then I though of how stupid the whole thing had been. My golf was a tough little car that was wonderful to drive, never had a problem at all but I wanted to try and outdo other people.
Now that I have my Legend and my boys are moving on to 300Ms and Tahoes I remember back to those days, not to repeat the same mistake of getting rid of an awesome car, just to impress or outdo others. While they will be paying for thiers for years to come I'm sittin back doing mods and increasing my savings.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
No kidding, I drove a 79 Ford Mustang in high school :) The bset cars we had at that time was mabe 1 guy with an Iroc Z, a girl with a 69 Camaro, a guy with a new 88 Honda Accord Hatchback, and a few nice fixed up mini trucks. :) I guess later 80s was a whole different time than early 2000 :) At least the older guys had the muscle car era. We only had the mini truck era. Import era didn't come out strong until early 90s, which as too late for my high school days.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all of you are absolutely right, i know this whole thing is just ridiculous and immature but i am without a doubt a car guy, and HATE HATE HATE did i emphasize hate? being in 2nd place, especially to a girl like that who doesn't even know what her car can go i.e. what's 260 hp mean? UGH!! it would be a whole different story if a guy had gotten that car i totally wouldn't have care, but like i said, things will change when my silver on black GS400 comes into the picture. will let y'all know how thigns are then...in the mean time, peace n take care

·
Registered
507 Posts
hey guys, times have changed. I by no means go to a rich high school, and my legend isn't even close to the nicest car there. There's like 4 mad hooked up ricers (prolly all show, though, I want to race one of them and smoke 'em). A couple nice Mustang 5.0s, some newer camaros, a bunch of late 90s, early 2000s SUVs, and civics. Thats the way it is. **** rich brats get all their **** from their parents, they get $20,000 cars on their birthday, its bull. With 20k I would have gotten a '95 Legend Coupe 6-speed, and hooked that **** up mad nice.

·
Registered
149 Posts
In your states, how old do you have to be to get a learner's permit, it seems to be pretty low. In NYC, it used to be at the age of 16, they have changed it to 17 now. So being in HS you can 't really drive yet.

G

·
****, that would suck. Well, what age do you have to be to get your real driver's license in NY. That would suck not being able to drive until you're 18. I got my license a couple weeks after I turned 16, and my legend a month later. I had started my own business a couple months before and had just started making bank to pay for it :D. Wish things were still the same, with the ****ty economy nobody wants me to work on their computers anymore for $50-75 an hour like they used to. Well not nobody, but not like before. I used to be pulling in like $400 a weekend when I was 15 :). Now it's usually averaged to like $50 a weekend :(. At least I still live with my parents and it really doesn't matter if I make any more money for the time being. It just means less mods for Zelda.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
times have definitly changed, when I went to HS, that was only 4 years ago. I drove a 90 Accord EX, that was probably one of the nicest cars in the whole school. I went back to my HS a few weeks back, guess what I found in the parking lot, Audis and Beemer all over the place. ***, I bought my Accord with my own money for $3k. Now these kids are getting $20-30k cars from their parents w/o ever worked for a penny in the lives.:rolleyes: What has this world come to:mad:

Here in Michigan, you can get a learners at 15.5 years, but you can't get a fully unrestricted license til 18. Before 18, your license have time restrictions and other stuff.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I have counted no less than 6 Legends on my HS campus. Being "top dawg" is no big deal, unless you make it one.

Then again, the guy who parks next to me now has a BMW M3 SMG. :eek:

·
Registered
655 Posts
just cause people got nice cars dont mean their spoiled

acpac_jet said:
hey guys, times have changed. I by no means go to a rich high school, and my legend isn't even close to the nicest car there. There's like 4 mad hooked up ricers (prolly all show, though, I want to race one of them and smoke 'em). A couple nice Mustang 5.0s, some newer camaros, a bunch of late 90s, early 2000s SUVs, and civics. Thats the way it is. **** rich brats get all their **** from their parents, they get $20,000 cars on their birthday, its bull. With 20k I would have gotten a '95 Legend Coupe 6-speed, and hooked that **** up mad nice.
If u got 20k you would be considered a rich brat too. Anybody in their situation would do same thing. How do u know they did'nt work for it? I know rich ppl that arent spoiled and have nice cars, one of my friends got new civic si for getting at least 3.5 gpa straight for 2yrs. He told me he would have never studied so hard if it werent for the incentive, but in the end hes better off realizing it then or not. I've seen some kids so worrrted about cars their grades slip cause they cant handle school and work too pay for their car note and insurance. If I were rich I would buy my kids nice cars too..if theres anyone to blame its the parents not the kids for not learning the value of a dollar.I bet half of the kids that got nice cars really appreciate it. I know I would have, I wasted alot of time working for my cars when I could have been doing something more productive.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Even though a lot of peeps drove to school, I wouldn't trade the experiences we had on the bus coming to and from school. We had the dice and card games. The players and playettes doing their thing way in the back, and the peep and feel show, which was the highlight of our day. Yeah, you could probably get a feel going on in your ride on the way to school, but if i'm trying to concentrate on the road and cop a feel, the pleasure isn't the same...Thank God For The Mass Transit System.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
blklegend said:
In your states, how old do you have to be to get a learner's permit, it seems to be pretty low. In NYC, it used to be at the age of 16, they have changed it to 17 now. So being in HS you can 't really drive yet.
Wow, 17 huh. I was 15 when I got my license in High School :) I got my permit at 15, then 4 months later got my license.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
i've had my full unrestricted license for about 5 months now. i got my learner's at 15&9 months, my Provisional (several restrictions and a driving curfew) right when i was supposed to 16&1 month(4 months of driving and 2 weeks of Driving school), and then at 17&7months i had my DRIVER'S LICENSE. didnt get my car until about a month ago. still seventeen until the 29th of this month

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.