Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this suspension kit (see below)? I thought they didn't make Koni yellows for the Legend. I guess they do now.

The KONI Sport Suspension Kit offers a complete package with matched KONI Sport shocks that are adjustable for rebound, externally in most cases, and matched set of KONI lowering springs. The kits lower the cars an average of 35 - 45mm or about 1 ½ to 1 ¾ inches. This gives your car a more aggressive look and handling while maintaining a good ride quality for daily street use. The kit reduces body roll and increases the responsiveness to steering input, making your car more fun to drive.
Notes:
E) Externally rebound damping adjustable (all others standard adjustable).
G) Gas Charged Dampers.
1) Uses factory (OE) lower spring seat.
5) Special McPherson strut insert bolted into OE housing after cutting top and removing old internal parts.
Koni - AcuraYearsDescriptionLowersP/NFrontRearPriceAcura

Integra Type R94 - 01Sport Susp. Kit40 mm1130-1000E, GE, G$783

Acura Legend91 - 97Sport Susp. Kit30 mm1130-1001G, 1G$709

Acura RSX02 - 04Sport Susp. Kit40 mm1130-1002E, 5E$810

http://www.livermoreperformance.com/acura_honda_suspension.html

·
Registered
88 Posts
OMG!!! Just a few days ago I asked if anybody has hacked koni yellows on the legend, and I was going to buy reds tomorrow! Just in the nick of time! Thanks Bobby :bowdown:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another member had posted the serial number for that kit but he said that it came with the Koni red. I did some research and found that it actually came with the Koni yellow.

I probably will buy the kit just for the Koni yellow’s but I may use different springs just to drop the car a little lower,….if using other springs is possible.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
They have the perches on em so you can drop em lower. I was dropped 2" with a pro-kit and reds on the lowest perch. From the description, this kit MAY drop the car a tad bit lower, I dunno exactly though. I'll know when I purchase it.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I just got a reply from Tire Rack and they are selling the kit for $600 plus shipping. They don't have it on their site yet, but keep a look out for it.

Livermoreperformance.com carries the kit for $709 plus shipping.

...Just to let you all know ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
BOBBYGLIDE said:
Another member had posted the serial number for that kit but he said that it came with the Koni red. I did some research and found that it actually came with the Koni yellow.

I probably will buy the kit just for the Koni yellow's but I may use different springs just to drop the car a little lower,….if using other springs is possible.
This is absolutely fantastic, but I have to be a little skeptical. I'm worried it might actually come with the reds and koni springs, NOT externally adjustable yellows. Although im not sure what to think, all i see is:

1. Konisport doesn't have anything for the Legend on their website, although this might be too new.

2. In the table on the liverpool site, the Legend's part number 1130-1001 was the only item in the entire Honda table that does not have the "E" flag in either front or rear. "E" = E) Externally rebound damping adjustable (all others standard adjustable). I believe thats the device the yellow has, while the red is the one thats interally adjustable... But i'm quite new here, so what do I know?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
jasonzemos said:
This is absolutely fantastic, but I have to be a little skeptical. I'm worried it might actually come with the reds and koni springs, NOT externally adjustable yellows. Although im not sure what to think, all i see is:

1. Konisport doesn't have anything for the Legend on their website, although this might be too new.

2. In the table on the liverpool site, the Legend's part number 1130-1001 was the only item in the entire Honda table that does not have the "E" flag in either front or rear. "E" = E) Externally rebound damping adjustable (all others standard adjustable). I believe thats the device the yellow has, while the red is the one thats interally adjustable... But i'm quite new here, so what do I know?
Yes, Koni yellows are adjustable externally. The guys on g2ic boards were absolutely in love the yellows when I had my integra. I've never heard anything bad about the yellows.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Tech says they were reds.

http://www.legend-forum.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=527525#post527525

Just to let you fellows know, the sport kit for the legend comes w/ the koni reds. They are not externally adjustable. Back in summer, I was going to switch out my GC + koni for this kit. I spoke to a tire rack representative and was referred to koni tech themselves and was told that the kit was fairly new, however would not have the koni yellows. Though the koni included in the sport kit had a different # than the regular reds, they were still the same struts. I was told that the design of our legend prevented them from producing a strut with an adjustable knob on top. This information was given to me right when they released them, however no tech during that time was for certain. Priced at $600, i still think this is the best price packaged offered for our cars. So I would recommend to those uprgrading their suspension, but wouldn't recommend to those who already have the GC + Koni set up as you might would be buying the same struts over again. As said, please do further research on this matter as the tech at that time might've still been misinformed. :D

kev

·
Registered
996 Posts
KTD said:
http://www.legend-forum.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=527525#post527525

Just to let you fellows know, the sport kit for the legend comes w/ the koni reds. They are not externally adjustable. Back in summer, I was going to switch out my GC + koni for this kit. I spoke to a tire rack representative and was referred to koni tech themselves and was told that the kit was fairly new, however would not have the koni yellows. Though the koni included in the sport kit had a different # than the regular reds, they were still the same struts. I was told that the design of our legend prevented them from producing a strut with an adjustable knob on top. This information was given to me right when they released them, however no tech during that time was for certain. Priced at $600, i still think this is the best price packaged offered for our cars. So I would recommend to those uprgrading their suspension, but wouldn't recommend to those who already have the GC + Koni set up as you might would be buying the same struts over again. As said, please do further research on this matter as the tech at that time might've still been misinformed. :D

kev
Good info. Makes sense. However, they CAN make externally adjustable shocks. When I was racing my Legend I looked into it, and spoke with a Koni tech. Basically, for $90 each they could make them externally adjustable, and stiffer rates. I guess they just don't see a market for it (rightfully so ... how many people race their Legends?)

Anyway, does anyone have a picture of this kit? I'm interrested to see how they assemble the spring on the struts!

·
Registered
996 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
How are Koni springs though? Because I love the Eibachs, and was planning to getting Koni+Eibachs for my car late next year (2005)
They are probably not koni, but some rebranded ones. As long as they are matched to the shocks, they should be fine. Someone whould find out the rates of these springs.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i was thinking...

i want to upgrade my suspension and when i asked at shop around my houe they said it will cost me somewhere from $900 to 1000 fo koni's with Ebach's installed.. i think it's too much....

do they have koni yellows for our car...(didn't quite understand the thread's):)
what you guys think?

[email protected]
Mandidy

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Mandidy,

Install the suspension yourself. It's a waste of money to let a shop put it on. Trust me, I know from experience. Save that installation money and DIY. Once you've done it, you'll see it's not that bad.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.