Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys... just got done doing a lot of other fixes- Whole AC system, brakes, stereo rattling and skipping, oil change, CV boot... etc. I still have two minor problems that I'm not sure about.
First, With the heat on a smell is introduced into the car that smells kinda like anti-freeze but I could be wrong. I was wondering if this is a leaky hose in the heater system or possibly the heater core itself.
Secondly, my rear view mirror shakes when the car is on. I tryed shoving something up there to brace it but that didn't help. I also tryed screwing it in tighter but that didn't help either.
Not major problems but still would like to get fixed. Any help is appriciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I noticed that you have a 90 LS Coupe, just as I do. There is nothing bracing the mirror, correct? So, I took the little rubber mirror damper out of my 89 Coupe, which doesn't need it anyway. It fits perfectly (being and OEM part), and it reduces the vibration by a lot. It's not completely gone, but at least I can see what's behind me now. :) And no, I do not know why my (or your) 1990 did not come with one.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah Vince you have the same exact car as me- same color as well. I've shown ppl pix of your car online to tell them what mine looks like. The tint is also very close if I remeber right. Your car looks like it is in great condition.
So I need some kinda rubber dampening matterial between the plate and where it screws into the body? Do you know the name of the part?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts