Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
It may not look as good as the current one, but i think it'll grow on me. I really did not like the new 7 series, but now i think bmw is being pretty innovative with that new design. I read somewhere that the new 5 series will come with a twin turbo v8. Moving away from their tradition of NA engines for the first time.

G

·
At first I really didn't like it because it reminded me of the 7 series which I despise. The more I look at it though I see a sleek design. I definitely don't like it as much as the current 5 series but still it will probably grow on me. My favorite design though that BMW has right now is the 2002 M3. My god, I would do just about anything for that car. I have to go to college and start making some freakin' money. High school sucks dick.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Has anyone actually seen the new 7-series? i have and i admit its not that ugly in person. The hump in the trunk is not that noticable in person. And the front looks good. The whole car has that low slung aggressive look like our Legends.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
AcuraGuy said:
Has anyone actually seen the new 7-series? i have and i admit its not that ugly in person. The hump in the trunk is not that noticable in person. And the front looks good. The whole car has that low slung aggressive look like our Legends.
I saw one and saw in one at the North American Interanation Auto Show in Detroit. That thing was a beast, I've never seen a bigger sedan, it was HUGE! There was so many gadgets to play with inside, I didn't know what to do. But I bet I would love all the toys that comes with the car. And you're right, the car actually looks really good in person, the pics just doesn't do the car justice.

·
Registered
541 Posts
exactly! well said..nothing will compare to the last gen 7- series. Its weird, its as if BMW has taken the radical edgy look over its classy, timeless looks of before. I mean look at the LEgend, classy as hell and look at the following now in 2002!

·
Registered
655 Posts
i like the new 7 series style alot better

the old is just too boxy and the trunk doesn't go well with the car the panels dont look seemless, the old benz was tight though. but still ilike the newer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
AcuraGuy said:
It's not as bad in person but I like the previous generation better.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Philo I'm with you 100% on that one nothing can compare simple sleek and classy.

Today cars are like Nike B-ball shoes you just can't wear them with anything you have to match your clothes with the shoes, that's soo backwards, cars are begining to be the same way (in principle). i.e. the new 7 series.

G

·
Yeah, I've seen the 7-series in person and still didn't like it. I was like wtf is that and then later went home and read up on it. It was parked in a parking lot so I got plenty of time to scope it out. I've never been a fan of the 7 series though, always thought that it was just to big. I like the 5 series but, am really down with the 3 series coupes. I just like smaller coupes, kinda more my style.

·
Registered
296 Posts
7-Series

WHAT???!!!

Maybe I'm just a little bit Old-School, but I have always like the 7-Series Bimmer................Especially the 750IL. A longshoreman buddy of mine bought one brand new and that thing was a beast! So was his payment at $715 a month and his gas mileage @ about 9 mpg's in the city.

I guess I grew up during a time of Oldsmobile '98's (two-door white with a half burgundy vinyl top/burgundy leather), Buick Electra 225's (black on black duece-and-a-quarter), and Delta 88's were what all da playa's, pimps, and ballers were driving. Now the 8-series Bimmer was and still is an ugly ass car! :D :D

Ghost

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Re: 7-Series

Ghost said:
WHAT???!!!

Maybe I'm just a little bit Old-School, but I have always like the 7-Series Bimmer................Especially the 750IL. A longshoreman buddy of mine bought one brand new and that thing was a beast! So was his payment at $715 a month and his gas mileage @ about 9 mpg's in the city.

I guess I grew up during a time of Oldsmobile '98's (two-door white with a half burgundy vinyl top/burgundy leather), Buick Electra 225's (black on black duece-and-a-quarter), and Delta 88's were what all da playa's, pimps, and ballers were driving. Now the 8-series Bimmer was and still is an ugly ass car! :D :D

Ghost
Agreed........................I'm a 7- series fan also( well, hell 3M's and 5's too). Same senario here. My dad was a Buick/chevy fanatic and I has born in the back seat of a 73 Buick LeSabre coupe (Legend coupe of the 70's) I plan on getting one to restore before I "clock out." So I grew uo around big body's. Neighbors had Lac's, 98's 88's Park Aves. 225's, El-Dogs, talking sh_t on the lawn , playing spades sitting on empty milk crates......But when that big timer in the old model 7 or Legend pulls up (this is in the early 90's) Everybodys necks turn to rubber.

·
Registered
733 Posts
My favorite will always be the 635csi, I idolized that car as much as I do the Legend. It was so quick, and handled like a dream. But just like Acura, BMW had to go f*** up and stop making them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.