Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice find dave, but can't see spending kinda $$ for wax. I'll stick to meguiars nxt wax, I have a black legend that looks just as good as the pics in that ad.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Black magic, 8 dollars!

consumer reports rated number in their latest wax tests

My friends and I have used it on a red oxidized car and it works great, I have also used it on my car.

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
Black magic, 8 dollars!

consumer reports rated number in their latest wax tests

My friends and I have used it on a red oxidized car and it works great, I have also used it on my car.
Consumer reports also compared a cleaner wax to pure waxes (waxes without polish in them.) Cleaner waxes are wax/polish mixes.

As far as the wolfgang, check out zymols most expensive wax, over 7 thousand dollars. For me, my marginal utility diminishes hugely after $30 for a wax.

·
Cassis Red Pearl
618 Posts
Hundred and seventy five dollar wax better leave an effin sheet of gold dust on my car when I'm done :rolleyes:.

·
4,624 Posts
so what are you trying to say?
Sorry forgot to finish this. While consumer reports compares waxes, they dont realize there are different classes of wax. They compared pure wax to cleaner wax, the difference is a cleaner wax has very mild abrasives in it which actually polish the paint, but a pure wax is just that, wax. No cleaners in it, just glossy material, so they cant get rid of the swirls. Because of this oversight, I can not take them as a valid source for auto wax.

But heres the thing, as long as you achieve the results your looking for, thats all that matters.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Sorry forgot to finish this. While consumer reports compares waxes, they dont realize there are different classes of wax. They compared pure wax to cleaner wax, the difference is a cleaner wax has very mild abrasives in it which actually polish the paint, but a pure wax is just that, wax. No cleaners in it, just glossy material, so they cant get rid of the swirls. Because of this oversight, I can not take them as a valid source for auto wax.

But heres the thing, as long as you achieve the results your looking for, thats all that matters.
Hmm, OP well I must say that $175 for a wax product is not worth it to me. Joey, my question now is which is the better choice? I'm sure the answer depends on whether the car is garaged or not, washed by hand vs. auto wash etc. But in the long run can cleaner waxes be damaging to the paint because of repeated application of abrasive material?

·
4,624 Posts
The amount of abrasives in a cleaner wax is very minuscule so i doubt it will do much damage. A cleaner wax works best on a car that has been polished within the last 3-4 weeks with minor swirls from a couple washes. It also can make a cars swirls appear less if you have never polished, but swirls will still be evident.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The amount of abrasives in a cleaner wax is very minuscule so i doubt it will do much damage. A cleaner wax works best on a car that has been polished within the last 3-4 weeks with minor swirls from a couple washes. It also can make a cars swirls appear less if you have never polished, but swirls will still be evident.
What kind of wax do you use?

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
I'll stick with ICE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts