Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
GIN NSX
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I am rolling on the Advans I bought last Christmas.. Five long months of typical rainy(sp) season in the Bay Area....

Mike
6 sokudo

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Like.
WOW DUDE.

I am certainly jealous.

How much did you pay to get the bottom "L" black trim painted white? Overall for total job? I'm meaning to do the same for my 93 6speed.

-Jose

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Wow, awesome dude...I love that crap...Awesome...I love the painted underbody and the rims with the drop...Looks perfect, keep it that way...

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
check groupbuycenter.com. there are rota replicas for those exact rims. for $950 you get 17x7.5 with 45mm offset and tires! shipping not included. too bad i already got my rims. enjoy! :D

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Smoooth. What suspension setup do you have ? I say those are 18's.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
AHHH!! Advans!!!! He's got JDM SUCKA!!!!

I love em.... I'd like ot get some Dronells or Advans, or even some Volk SE37's, but it's all about the $$CASHMONEY$$. enjoy those wheels!

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
95Legend6Spd said:
AHHH!! Advans!!!! He's got JDM SUCKA!!!!

I love em.... I'd like ot get some Dronells or Advans, or even some Volk SE37's, but it's all about the $$CASHMONEY$$. enjoy those wheels!
MikeC is richer than Bill Gates.

Ok ok okay, that's not true, but.....

At least he drives a nicer car. :)

·
GIN NSX
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jose3030: I paid $1,825.00 to have the side moldings, lower side panels, mud guards, remove emblems, key hole and re-paint trunk. It was over $2,400.00, but got a $600.00 discount through a friend.

acuralegend.com: Just trying to keep up with you, Type II and ChrisK :D :D

[email protected]: Thanks...

JJJ784: Thanks... I prefer OG's. It may cost two or three times the amount of a copy, but its worth it.

Thai.95LCoupe: 18's Pirelli SS 7000's

CakeDaddy: H&R's with Koni's.. Yes they are 18's

95Legend6Spd: Thanks... I will enjoy the Advans...

jose3030: I wish I was as rich as Bill Gates... Then there will be all kinds of aftermarket parts that are affordable with the best quality for our Legends.. But since I'm not, I can only do the best I can for my Coupe and try to share the wealth..

Mike
6 sokudo

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Mike C,

What tecnique did they use to paint the black molding. Any speacial sealant. Did they warn you about any chiping or things of that nature? Especially the mu flaps, how'd they do that. Look awesome though.;)

·
GIN NSX
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CakeDaddy: To be quite honest, I don't know what technique the body shop used. I only know that they used some sort of flex agent in the paint. Yes they did warn me about chipping and that they would not guarantee the paint would last. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would look for a shop that was not a "Production" shop. In other words, I would have paid more money to have a "non-production" shop do the work. The key to great work is preparation and I don't believe "Production" shops prep as well as "non-production" shops. Sorry for such a long response.

ChrisK: Thanks... But your three Coupes (acuralegend.com, Type II and yours) is what inspired me to build my Coupe.

Mike
6 sokudo

G

·
Mike you are dropped on HR's and Konis... what pearch do you have on the konis in the front and rear.. and did you cut the bump stops.. if so how much...

Drop is SICK!:eek:

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
MikeC said:
CakeDaddy: To be quite honest, I don't know what technique the body shop used. I only know that they used some sort of flex agent in the paint. Yes they did warn me about chipping and that they would not guarantee the paint would last. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would look for a shop that was not a "Production" shop. In other words, I would have paid more money to have a "non-production" shop do the work. The key to great work is preparation and I don't believe "Production" shops prep as well as "non-production" shops. Sorry for such a long response.

ChrisK: Thanks... But your three Coupes (acuralegend.com, Type II and yours) is what inspired me to build my Coupe.

Mike
6 sokudo
MikeC

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm getting the same response from paint shops here in Albuquerque Nm. They don't want to warranty the work and they almost promise me it will chip over the seasons.

·
Registered
397 Posts
acuralegend.com said:
P P P P P immmmmmppppppp!!!

:D
I APPROVE! CONGRATULATIONS SIR, YOU HAVE BEEN AWARDED THE pYMP SEAL OF JEALOUSY :D!!! SO FRESH & SO CLEAN,CLEAN!!!

G

·
Hey anyone ever think about just buying the LS trim from Acura of Augusta... I think each peice was about 150 a peice.. so X4 would be $600 and shipping mabey 125-150....Or cheaper...

Just a thought..

·
GIN NSX
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thai.95LCoupe: I have the fronts set at the lowest setting and the rear's in the middle. I don't think the bump stops were cut, but I don't know for sure.

Leon Millette: Thanks...

CakeDaddy: No problem... Just make sure you go to a place that puts in the necessary time for prep work.

pYmpdaddi: Thanks...

Thai.95LCoupe: I actually was going to do that. But then someone told me that there is a good chance there would be a slight and noticeable difference bewteen the two paints. Since one has been on the car since new.

Mike
6 sokudo

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
Hey anyone ever think about just buying the LS trim from Acura of Augusta... I think each peice was about 150 a peice.. so X4 would be $600 and shipping mabey 125-150....Or cheaper...

Just a thought..
HMMM, LS trim:confused:

what does that LS trim mean.

I have an LS Coupe, but no clue what the LS trim is. Holla back someone.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts