Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was replacing my radiator the other day and when i took off the thermosensor on the radiaor.. the O-ring crack and broke. anywhere you guys know i can get that O-ring?.. i don't wnat to spend money and replace a perfectly good thermosensor just cause the O-ring is broken.. it looks like without the o-ring , it leaks a small amount of coolen..

· Spiral descent
5,040 Posts
Does that sensor go right into the radiator at the bottom, on the Passenger Side?

You can get the O-ring at the site listed below for $1.22 plus shipping, or at your local dealership for $1.50 or so. Here is the Honda part number in case the Acura dealership doesn't have it and you want to get it at the Honda dealership, plus it might be cheaper.

Here is the diagram;

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray...catcgry5=RADIATOR+HOSE&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup.. the thermosensor i'm talking about located on the radiator(passenger side) ... and thanks for the link. it was helpful..

but i can't believe they charging 1.52 for a little rubber and also 1.22 for shipping, that O ring weights no more than an ant??.. ain't it 47cent for a stamp???.. :mad:

· Spiral descent
5,040 Posts
Actually, the way they list their prices, it's $1.22 for the o-ring, and probably $5-7 shipping. I think a stamp is 37 cents.

Just go to your local Acura dealer an pay the $1.50, which is very affordable, considering it's a decently important part.

I take it you haven't bought too many dealer parts yet.

· Registered
507 Posts
ALnut said:
but i can't believe they charging 1.52 for a little rubber and also 1.22 for shipping, that O ring weights no more than an ant??.. ain't it 47cent for a stamp???.. :mad:
If your local dealer doesnt have it in stock, it's gonna cost even more for special order. but if it's Honda specific, I dont see any other way around that.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FlipLegend said:
Do you still have the broken o-ring? Couldn't you take that to a parts store and ask for an identical one?
i did take the broken part to Autozone, pepboys, advance auto.. they all said eighter i'll have to buy the whole new thermosensor or i'll have to live with it.. i called up Honda. they having it order. the wait: one week. the cost: 1.65.... oo wells. guess that's how they make business... i was considering putting a little clear silicone around it and wait until it drys and install it back into the radiator. but that doesn't seem to be a good idea..

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
if ur going to do that atleast make sure u use High tempature cauking (should be red) its for firewalls in buildings and vent systems for boilers and forced hot air heating systems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.